cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone call me ?

N/A

Can someone call me ?

Can someone from PN support contact me via PM to get my number so that I can speak to them in order to resolve the lack of ability by PN to transfer my adsl service, albeit given plenty of notice period.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Can someone call me ?

Ha! You've got no chance, mate - PlusNet support ring people? I've got more chance of growing the first male womb
N/A

Can someone call me ?

Im beginning to understand why the forum isnt available to non-plusnet subscribers. No one would sign up. The customer service is terrible.

Well, i've cancelled my direct debit, im moving house, got a new phone line, so f**** 'em, they can go whistle if they think I am gonna give them all the notice they want to cancel when they cant even deal with my house move.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Can someone call me ?

It is if you log into the guest account, where you can read all forums and even post to the dial-up one, which is what I believe it is for (for potential customers).

True that people are more likely to post when dissatisfied than when happy etc. but I can't imagine anyone reading Community Support, aka Community 'Get My Problem Escalated Faster' Smiley Would get a good impression from there.
N/A

Can someone call me ?

Is it like chicken and egg?

There shouldn't be so many problems - they are potentially very off-putting.

But James, Dave, Mand, et al show an excellent commitment to problem solving - which is refreshing.

I'm not sure which I'd rather didn't exist :?
N/A

Can someone call me ?

no offense, but I, along with many many other users, havent seen much of their great problem solving skills, and not replying to 'questions' and preventing people from speaking to them isnt a valid way of dealing with support queries.
James
Grafter

Re: Can someone call me ?

Can someone from PN support contact me via PM to get my number so that I can speak to them in order to resolve the lack of ability by PN to transfer my adsl service, albeit given plenty of notice period.
Hi,

I've replied to your ticket.
N/A

Can someone call me ?

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well.

The core of the problems which most people raise are most definately NOT being dealt with efficiently (your house move being a prime example) - I was thinking thats its great that the Comms team show how quickly things *could* be getting done if the rest of the CS team was properly resourced. (The fact James has responded after your post here being another great example)

The Comms team appear (rightly or wrongly) to be the last bastion of good efficient service at PN. Granted they can't move mountains, but they do appear to provide the service via the forums which everybody should receive as a matter of course through the normal channels.

I would hold them up as an example of the service many of us signed up for in the first place.

I don't mean either to belittle the contribution of the CS department, just to show that as a whole they are not providing the service we demand - as individuals I am sure they work every bit as hard. They simply they don't have the tools to give us what we desire, whether the tools be bums on seats, more training, more experience, more whatever, they seem lacking.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Can someone call me ?

James,

I totally agree, and while I am usually very critical of PlusNet I think the Comms team do a great job on here. However there is the underlying issue of these forums and how they are being used. All to often, rather than community support they are used to try and escalate a problem which has been outstanding for some time - this is of course not quite how the forums should be used but due to the hard work of the Comms team it has become a easy, fast-track way of getting premium support.

How many posts do we see saying, 'PlusNet please look at ticket x, I've had no connection for y weeks' - not really community support of course since no-one other than staff can help with a matter like this - the whole idea of this forum is that we all get involved. I am not having a go at the posters of this (can hardly blame them since a ticket can take days/weeks while posting on here can often take minutes when someone like James picks stuff up). I do commend the Comms team, but it seems that this forum is more of an overspill from an overstretched and quite frankly inept official support system.

Promises have been of course made to address this, but I have yet to have seen any real improvement made.

Of course while the above works well (which it does) and the level of support elsewhere stays the same, then things are not going to change anytime soon.