cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one of the staff maybe do me a favour?

N/A

and remind me how much i would have been likely to have paid for the 512Mb ADSL connection back when it was BT install only. I.E right at the beginning?
24 REPLIES
N/A

Not one of the staff, but I paid £39.99 for a BT install from October 2000 to April 2002, at which point I moved to Pipex (£23.44).
N/A

Cheers Wink
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

About £210 installation and subscription costs £28.24 per month thereafter (without VAT)

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

From what I remember back in the early days of ADSL.

Installation for ADSL Home (usb modem) was £150 + vat, unless like me you got it during the offer of half price.

Subscriptions where 50+vat during 2001 which later dropped to 45+vat during 2002, then £30+vat during 2003. Eventually it settled around the 20-25 mark.

The higher installation prices where for the ethernet (20:1 connections) which included a router. The monthly fee for these started at £80+vat for a 512k service.

Chris
N/A

I definitely paid £39.99. I've looked at my credit card statements!

Also the installation fee was only £29.50. I think that was a special offer though. It included BT install and the frog modem. In theory the modem was only on loan from BT, however they left it with me after a half-hearted attempt to pick it up when I moved to Pipex.
Community Veteran

When did you join?

Plusnet change packages a lot (as we all know). I remeber paying £88 for my installation and I was chuffed with how cheap it was!

I was techically still on bt install until last novemeber when I upgraded to 2meg (i think it was novemeber) and only sold my old modem last month.
N/A

October 2000. Pretty much at the beginning of broadband.
Community Veteran

Ah yes it was 2000, not 2001, very early on then. There must have been some offer on. I remember BT Openworld doing an offer of totally free installation for the first month or so, which compared to 150 was huge.
N/A

I have to say i miss my "fish", cracking piece of design that was. even if connection was flaky as hell.

I must have got mine before mid 2001 because I remember reading about the Install price cuts of September that year and going, "drat should have waited ...... Nahhhhhh, i'll just download this massive file now"

And for the record, the year i spent "away" from plusnet on an NTL connection was sheer murder.
N/A

LOL yup i remeber paying 150 quid!! Omg looking back i must have been blooming mental!! :?
N/A

While i'm thinking about "the good old days?" :lol: Anyone remember when Plusnet customer support answered the phone within a few seconds? and did weird stuff like phone you back with updates?

mind you for a PLC you're still damn good, so don't take this as critisism Wink just thought it might be useful feedback for you guys to not hear people whine about FUPs, and be reminded that you have some pretty loyal if sometimes critical customers.
N/A

Cool, found an old post of mine, I think this was my 2nd account, and definately the one that had DSL installed, so looks like the install date was about

N/A

i used to be with plusnet when i had my 56k.and yep! they did phone you back!!eheh once i EVER had to phone them.
channel
Grafter

It was free for me; I must have been early.

I've still got my frog in the loft somewhere.

EDITED TO ADD: Just checked and I was up and running on October 30th 2000. Install was free and I was paying a mere £39.99 incl VAT per month for a 512kb connection (no cap!) :lol: