cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i leave Plusnet for free if not satisfied??

N/A

Hi,

I joined plusnet ages ago ( over a year anyway) and when i signed up i signed for 1GB UNLIMITED PREMIER.
Now this has changed significantly in the last few months, what with "fair usage" and now "bandwidth shaping".
My P2P downloads have been slow for at least a couple of weeks and it was only by looking on this forum that i found out why.

Now, I moved home 1 month ago and deferred the cost of moving my ADSL over 5 years or whatever it is...

My question is if i am not now happy with the service that i signed up for originally can i leave without paying any sort of fee??

Cheers
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Since when did PN do 1GB connections? More seriously I belive so but am not 100%
N/A

belive
tut, tut :lol:
Community Veteran

If you leave you pay the activation fee that you defered. Whatever your product was over a year ago is not the same now and the T+Cs changed more than once in the last 12 months IIRC.

Chris
N/A

what's a vowel between friends
Community Veteran

belive
tut, tut :lol:

Well if they installed a spell checker we would have this problem would we.

:twisted:
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As Chris has said, If you leave now you would need to pay for the deferred activation.

Also, the shaping on p2p should be very subtle, if you are experiencing speeds much slower than this it's possible you have been assigned the wrong profile.

Please raise a ticket to us so we can investigate this.
N/A

Which provbes the 45 day Satisfaction guarntee is a waste of time.
I wonder what TS would however say as it states "You have nothing to loose". Not true if you are set to loose £50 in actiavtion fee?
Community Veteran

He's been a customer for over a year. This doesnt apply and moving house is a completly different kettle of fish.

Chris
JJ
Grafter

Ben
Suggest you look at your CS response to my ticket 17315569

To cut a long story short......

Me.....Avg P2P 70KB/s 21:30 (lastnight), Avg 153kB/s 06:25 hrs (this morning same torrent)

Reply..

The correct settings have been applied to your account. From what i can see from your results i would be over the moon if i could get those sort of speeds on bit torrent and im also on a 2mb connection

This is a 'subtle' affect is it !!

Just as well I don't normaly use P2P. What's the matter can't your traffic shaping equipment handle the throughput.

JohnH
N/A

My reply from cs, same question:

Actioned : Everything looks fine on your account and we do not throttle our Premier accounts down relative to P2P downloading. All also looks fine at your local exchange so any speed issues will be relative to the download source or something restricting on your local machine
Regards,
Peter Hodgkinson

Umm, hang on isn't Mr Brown stating differently a couple of threads up? I'm very confused by this matter, is there no clarification coming from +net? My response to them (no reply as yet):

Assigned : OK, i appreciate that but my office is 200m away from my house, and the downloads (same torrents/site/pc) are twice as fast from the zen connection into my office as compared to the +net line at my home. I went home at lunch to confirm, and it is still the case. I have read the forums and it appears I'm not alone in this instance, so what is going on then?

I wait with baited breath....
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I have amended your ticket. We have now made sure that all of the agents here are aware of the shaping on Premier.
N/A

So shaping does occur on Premier accounts, yes? Why is this not mentioned in the signup? Is unlimited access, then i fact, limited access?

Thanks for responding promptly to the queries raised.
N/A

We have now made sure that all of the agents here are aware of the shaping on Premier.

why were they not already aware of this?, after all they are customer service.
It's a bad job when the customers know more about the products than the staff do.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We don't do unlimited access, we supply contended accounts. For fully unlimited access you would need a leased line.

There is a very slight amount of shaping on Premier accounts to ensure that the peak time experience on Premier is good for all Premier users. This will slow p2p downloads ever so slightly, files which used to take an hour to download may take an additional 5 minutes for example.

If you are experiencing very slow p2p performance it is possible that you have been assined the wrong profile, if you raise a ticket to us we can check this out for you.