cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i have my 2mb connection back please?

bluestinger
Grafter

Since being 'upgraded' to 8mb my connection is dire. For the last 2 days i cannot get a speed of over 1.5mb at the very best.

Paying more now for less. If this is what 8mb is i'd rather go back to 2mb again.

I had all this crap with Tiscali.

This is the best i have gotten. Tested just now.

Downstream 1502 Kbps (187.8 KB/sec) 1622 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 374 Kbps (46.8 KB/sec) 403 Kbps (inc. overheads)
7 REPLIES
N/A

From what I've read here the MaxDSL needs several days to bed down.
bluestinger
Grafter

Ahh ok. I'll give it a few days. Can't get through to Plusnet at the mo anyway, just getting the oooooooooooooo tone when i call!

Thanks for the reply.
N/A

pfft, Ex Tiscali Customers...

Stop Complaining!

Im on 1mb and only get 118kbs...

Least you have a fastish internet connection
N/A

Out of interest, have you been getting random disconnects and major lag problems in online games since you've been upgraded?

I know the email send beforehand said that the speed will vary for 10 days while its gets settled but being disconnected every 20mins is getting slightly annoying.
bluestinger
Grafter

Stop complaining? Hope you're being sarcastic!

I'm paying far more now for a worse connection. Sorry but i have every right to complain thanks!!!! Cheesy
bluestinger
Grafter

Out of interest, have you been getting random disconnects and major lag problems in online games since you've been upgraded?

I know the email send beforehand said that the speed will vary for 10 days while its gets settled but being disconnected every 20mins is getting slightly annoying.

Sorry not really had much time for online gaming since upgrade.
Played a bit of CS:S last night just to see if my increased upload speed reduced my pings but it seemed not to make any difference. only played for about 5 mins so can't say whether i'd get random disconnects.
However for what i did see my ping was stable enough (around 25, uk server somewhere) and didn't notice any lag.
the_norris
Grafter

Hi

I've just been upgraded to MaxDSL yesterday - the speed in the morning was still at 2Mb but sync rate was between 6000 to 6500.

In the evening - was getting 3-4Mb downlaod speed - but was very variable. Sync was bewteen 5800 to 6500 - may be due the to heavy rain?

This morning downloads are hitting 5Mb - sync 6000 - 6500. The PN speed tool shows Max Date Rate @ 5000. Speed is still a bit variable but getting bettter.

Looks like it will take a few days for the connection to settle. Will report more tonight.

Ping speed. Not much differnet - 15ms to BBC. The increased upload speed will not really help ping times - only when you are using the upload for other things. Easy way to explain it: Car and road story. Dual carrageway speed limt 70mph - now has a extra lane added to make into a motorway. Speed limit still 70 but you can get more cars on the road now. Pings are like the speed limit - and the lanes are the bandwidh.

Phil