cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i have another IP?

N/A

Can i have another IP?

I remember reading a link that someone posted on the forum about PN giving out blocks.
I would like to have another IP address ideally as i would like to have a live server (not for real use, but for studies) and would feel happier if they were on seperate addresses....
37 REPLIES
N/A

Can i have another IP?

Is This what you were looking for?
N/A

Can i have another IP?

Hi there,

Visit Link:Contact us Raise a new query and follow the wizard through technical support to request an IP block.

You will need to complete a Ripe form if you need 8 or 16, however a block of 4 will be issued once you explain why you need it.

Hope that helps.
N/A

Can i have another IP?

Hi,

Thanks for the help guy's. I will request a block and let you know the outcome. Smiley
N/A

Can i have another IP?

Dont forget a 4 block I think would probably give you 1 maybe 2 at best usable addresses because of the way blocks are setup, ie having broadcast addresses and a router address, although alot of routers will probably need 2 leaving one for a box.
N/A

Can i have another IP?

oh, right. I have applied for a block of 4 but PN have not said if i can have it yet. Have you any links explaining why 4 addresses only gives 2 useable?
JonathanW
Grafter

Can i have another IP?

This appears to cover everything, though I've only had a quick scan through it to ensure that the information is in there.
N/A

Thanks PN

Thanks for the link John, appreciated. PN have also issued another IP- thanks! Cheesy

The interesting thing is 2 IP address boxes have appeared in my connection settings. One says dynamic (my original IP was static) and the other says static with a list of 4:

xx.xx.xx.xx Gateway Address
xx.xx.xx.xx address for router
xx.xx.xx.xx spare address
xx.xx.xx.xx Broadcast Address

My Zyxel is still showing my original IP address.
Thanks
JonathanW
Grafter

Can i have another IP?

That's probably down to the old component not being removed from your account, you can safely ignore the dynamic component.

As for your router, it will only pick up the new IP address once you disconnect and reconnect.
N/A

Can i have another IP?

oh, i see. Should i restart it now to bring it on? I take it all the other settings such as VPC, password etc remain the same?

Thanks again Cheesy
JonathanW
Grafter

Can i have another IP?

Yes, everything else would remain the same, its just the IP address that you're going to have for the router.

As for rebooting, you can do this when you are ready, but sooner is better than later, as your old IP is back in the pool and its possible that it could get assigned to a new customer, which could lead to routing issues.
N/A

Can i have another IP?

just check the package feature it shows for +accounts they can still have dynamic ip is this trueif not u need to change your features as there out of date
my ip been static since xmas asked for dynamic from start and even had dynamic untill xmas , 1 the main reasons i joined this isp (
Community Veteran

Can i have another IP?

Yes they will all stay the same. Without reconfiguring your router you will be issued the second IP in the block of 4.

What do you need the extra IP addresses for? A lot of things are easier to configurte using a single IP address and DHCP / static addresses on an internal range these days.
JonathanW
Grafter

Can i have another IP?

my ip been static since xmas asked for dynamic from start and even had dynamic untill xmas , 1 the main reasons i joined this isp (

If you're on a Plus account and are getting the same IP each time you connect, this means that at some point in the past your usage has been flagged up by our internal systems and we've placed you on a static IP as part of the traffic management.
N/A

Can i have another IP?

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated.

fa55dsl- I am learning about networking/serving software in general and feel safer having a seperate IP seperating a test and live system.

John- i will restart the router now.