cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me get a refund after a month without ADSL?

N/A

Hi all, I was an LLU sufferer - ever since the end of July when I was moved without warning, my connection has been very unreliable. PlusNet eventually agreed to move me back, and then BT messed up. From 6th Dec to 9th Jan, I had no connection at all. During that time, PlusNet told me that BT were insisting on coming to my house to see what was wrong, two appointments for that were made, with no-one showing from BT either time, and then a couple of days later, the connection was suddenly back. Ever since then, I've had silence from PlusNet. On 10th Jan, I requested a refund for the time I had no connection, but so far not even an acknowledgement from PlusNet. Very poor.

Anyone here who can help? Ticket no. 20849033.

thanks, Andy
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I would also be asking for some form of compensation for when you were having trouble.

Add to your ticket giving a reasonable specific time frame to respond (say Wednesday). If you haven't got a response by then, start the proper complaints procedure: [How to] PlusNet complaints proceedure + taking it further
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ceridwen
Grafter

If PN are true to form they will initially claim that the service has no SLA (Service Level Agreement).

Whilst this is correct, this mean you can't claim damages due to downtime - it doesn't allow PN to charge for a service not provided.

PN may also claim that they do not receive any compensation from BT therefore can't offer any to you - this is irrelevant: the contract is between you and PN; what PN can or can't get from third parties does not allow PN to charge you for a service not received.

Matthew
N/A

Yes, as predicted, here's the reply, complete with mystifying apostrophes:

Unfortunately ADSL is not a guarantee'd always on service, and as such BT do not offer any Service Level Agreement over their equipment.

As our service is provided over BT's lines and exchanges we are therefore unable to offer any Service Level Agreement or guarantee's on downtime, and with this are unable to provide any compensation due to a fault.

-

Don't worry, I won't let it rest. ;-)
Community Veteran

What happened to the automatic refunds, was that just for LLU faults?
James
Grafter

*whistles quietly*
Community Veteran

Yes I thought that kicked in if you lost service for on month or more.Huh
James
Grafter

That was for LLU loss of service.
N/A

Mine was loss of service for any numbers of reasons - well, you can read what it says in my OP.

James has acted, and initiated a refund for the lost month.

Many thanks.