cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain what this means?

N/A

After ages waiting for a response from plus.net's LLU suppliers (2-3weeks now with out a broadband connection), I finally got this today, anyone got a clue what it means??

******** CSC Agent 4:11pm, Thursday 7th September 2006

Our LLU supplier passed on the following: Closing ticket as Fault Not Found as this is a Provisioning Issue not tech.

Thanks

Regards,

Cheers

Andy
5 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

It means they're incompetent!
N/A

Sounds like they passed a ticket onto Tiscali, and they've returned it saying theres no fault found as the connection hasn't been properly connected yet.

That's what I'd guess from a "Provisioning issue" anyway.

Probably wrong though, so take with a pinch of salt & pepper Cheesy
shellsong
Grafter

To modify my statement-- someone has either asked the wrong question or given the wrong answer or both and you are suffering the consequences, unless I'm doing them a disservice and it's all part of a smoothly operating diagnostic routine being carried out with the utmost speed and efficiency! Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've had a look into this for you, and while I can't unfortunately give you any more details I can at least explain what this means.

As far as broadband is concerned the service is generally looked after by two sets of people, provisioning and faults. Provisioning are responsible for activating the service and processing the orders and anything else that may be required to activate the line.

Once confirmed as being active the responsibility then passes to the faults team, who will run diagnostics on the line, arrange an engineer visit etc.

What it looks like here is that the order has been confirmed to us as being complete and been handled by the faults team, but as part of their investigation they've found that something hasn't been completed on the provisioning side so it's been passed back to them to resolve this.

I'm sorry that it doesn't help in getting the service activated.
N/A

Thanks for your reply, glad I atleast know what it means. Just got to hope it gets sorted asap now

Cheers