cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Plus accept LLU MACs?

NGNet
Grafter

I have a friend who is currently on a Wanadoo LLU connection but is having major problems. He has an LLUxxxxxx MAC - but can PlusNet use this? The portal won't accept it because it's not in the IPStream format. What sort of downtime is involved in this kind of migration?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

This is the first I have heard MAC Codes being available for LLU

BTw will have to whats known as a cease & reprovide, this means that LLU will be ceased and then normal BT MaxDSL will be provided with PN, the downtime for this will be 10days +, more likely to be up to 20days maybe more depending on BTw
hitachi
Grafter

Llu mac's are being trialled again and a plusnet rep did mention being part of the trials.
lank111
Grafter

if plusnet don't have any formal operation to accept LLU MAC codes then i'd think its a cease + reprovide is the only way!

BT's dslMAX is better then the wanadoo & tiscali LLUs!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As far as I know the answer is yes we can do it, although I would need to check the ins and outs with our provisions guys tomorrow to be 100% sure.

What I would suggest is that your friend signs up for a broadband account and then provides the Mac via the Help Assistant.

The order should be processed as a simultaneous cease and reprovide so downtime should be minimal, maybe half an hour to both PSTN and broadband.
NGNet
Grafter

Thanks to all who replied Cheesy

As far as I know the answer is yes we can do it, although I would need to check the ins and outs with our provisions guys tomorrow to be 100% sure.

Thanks Dave, if you could confirm with provisions that would be a great help. (I don't really want to be signing him up only to find that it ends up as a full cease and provide when it could have been a smooth migration. :rollSmiley

Is it a standard migration charge from LLU?

Nick
Community Veteran

You need to get the following confirmed before you sign up...

In order for the LLU migration to be possible, the exchange they are currently on needs to have Tiscali LLU installed at the exchange - PN only support Tiscali LLU. If Tiscali is not in the exchange then a migration cannot occur.

Also I suspect there may be some ADSL downtime (it could be several days) to move the connection between LLU suppliers.

Unless I have read the above wrong and the OP is talking about migrating from LLU to BTs MaxDSL, in which case the downtime is unknown.
NGNet
Grafter

Exchange is not LLU enabled by Tiscali (according to Sam) but the migration we are talking about is the trial LLU to IPStream/Max using an LLUxxxxxxx MAC.
I know that some people have used this to migrate to Zen and avoided a cease and rep - but I would like to be sure that PlusNet know how to go about this before committing him to a move :?
N/A

Thank for clarifying it was LLU => IPStream

It makes a heck of a lot more sense than suggesting there's a need to go from LLU to LLU (only)... I've no idea where Peter V got that one from... maybe he can explain the source of that bit...
NGNet
Grafter

Ok, an update for anyone that is considering a migration from LLU to an IPStream ISP...

It turned out that PlusNet can't do migrations from LLU after all - they just suggested a full cease and provide which would involve a couple weeks of downtime.

So I went for an LLU migration using Zen. On each occasion that I phoned Zen (Sales and CS) they answered the call within one minute and were both courteous and knowledgeable :shock:

Migration happened on the day specified without a hitch and involved a couple of minutes downtime. The account is now running fine on IPStream Max Cheesy