Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer my accoun to another person as I am moving

N/A

Hi

Unsure who will be able to help.
I live in a shared house and will be moving out at the end of June. Some of my housemates are staying on, can the account be transfered to another person?

Nick
5 REPLIES
N/A

I dont think it can no.

I may be wrong here but I think you would have to cancel the account and ask your friends to create a new account for themselves.

Regards,
octafish
Grafter

.... alternatively just change the account details including the credit card ones.

If you change John Smith to Alan Brown I believe that the log-in would show you as becoming Alan instead of John when CS respond to tickets.

This will work.

Steve

ps you can even use your own name ;-)
N/A

But would the new persons name be responsible for the account or the person who originally registered the account.

Its not uncommon to have a replicate set of registration details in another part of the database.

If I were you I would ask Plusnet directly as apposed to listening to either myself or octafish ( no offence ). The reasons should be obvious though. If your still responsible and you have moved out and say someone ( although I doubt it ) hacked the military network, ultimately you would be responsible ( if your still liable for the account that is ).

Regards,
N/A

As been previously suggested you can change the account details but you obviously will need to change the payments details as well. Tou may have to request PN to remove the primary CC. This should then place the billing onus on your flatmate.

The main problem will be whether you have to change the billing for the telephone line. If so this could cause the BB connection to be removed
bluestinger
Grafter

I did this when my ex and i split up. The account was originally in her name but she was moving out so rang PN and they transfered the account over to me.
We both had to be present during call.

However the BT line account was always in my name if that made a difference.