cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I temporarily postpone my account?

N/A

I was wondering if i could postpone my account for about 3 months and then reactivate my broadband account? Is this at all possible?
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You could downgrade to dailup PAYG then upgrade back to BB at a later date.
N/A

Would i need to pay to go back to BB?
Community Veteran

Don't think so as it would be classed as a upgrade.
Alecto
Grafter

Surely if you go off broadband on to dialup, then you'll need to pay a broadband connection fee - unless you take advantage of the free connection with its 5-year tie-in?
Community Veteran

Never though of that. Shockedops:
holdtight
Grafter

For the sake of three payments it will probably work out cheaper for you and less hassle just to keep it active for that time

as far as im aware you cant actually suspend your account then just come back to it when your ready it doesnt work like that, the line would be ceased then reactivated

just out of interest why do you want to suspend it for three months?
N/A

Well im a student and i got a BB account here at my house, Im moving back home for the summer and i got another BB account there so ill essentially have 2 BB accounts when i only need one.
csogilvie
Grafter

The only option I can see is paying £15 to downgrade to a 1GB PAYG account where you currently are, paying £15 a month for it and not using it, and the uprgading (which should be free) to whatever your current account is now...
N/A

I am in exactly the same situation as the original poster. My solution is to downgrade to a free dial-up account and then to upgrade back to BB when i get back to uni. This was advised by a friend who did it last year. You get to keep username/email etc. but pay nothing for the summer.
csogilvie
Grafter

Yeah, but you then need to pay the activation fee when you go back...
Community Veteran

Maybe PN could launch a product to serve this market I know if I go to uni I would be interested. How do BT charge PN is it for data transfer or for keeping the line active at a certain speed on a per month basis?
csogilvie
Grafter

IIRC theres a charge per customer for a line.
Community Veteran

BT charge per month for the line and also charge for bandwidth. If you arent going to use it for a long time the best thing is to downgrade to a PAYG ADSL account and save a little bit of money, although there might be a fee in doing this so you have to work out what the most cost effective thing to do is in each case.

I don't think PlusNet could offer such a service at the moment to turn off the account for a while, they would have to raise costs over the rest of the year to accomodate and different people would want to suspend thier accounts for different lengths of time.