cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have my product refresh?

N/A

Annual billing date 23rd but my account is still "Business Premier - up to 4mbps"

I've asked in ticket 19236231 for an update but have had nothing back since the ticket was created 1.5 days ago!
12 REPLIES
N/A

have you tried changing your account <<here>>

i was on the old premier account (premier 512k original) with the old usage meter, last night i changed to premier option1 via that page, this morning i had an email to say my account change was successful and now i have the new VMBU and my free plustalk minuets
N/A

I'd be tempted to try it but I'm on annual billing, paid to 23 September and I'm not sure how this would affect the billing

My current product , "Business Premier - up to 4mbps" doesn't have an equivalent option in the available product list, it was/is supposed to be refreshed to "Business Option 2 up to 16 Mb".

I could change to "Business up to 8Mbps", however the question is, would I be refunded the difference since I've paid up front!
N/A

i'm sure if you select "Business Option 2 up to 16 Mb" from the drop down list on that page everything will stay as it is apart from the new product refresh features

if you select "Business Option 1 up to 8 Mb" i think you will be charged £14.99 as this is considered a downgrade, if you will then be refunded the subscription difference for the remaining months i'm not sure, i should think so as you would be paying for the downgrade
JonathanW
Grafter

The higher business packages, Option 2 and Option 3, aren't available on the portal for either new signups or for people to upgrade to them. So it's a case of waiting for the scripts to come along and switch your account over.

If you were to switch to Option 1 via the portal, then you would be charged the standard business downgrade fee. However, any extra monies paid on your account would be applied as credit and as such would push your next invoice date forwards.
N/A

i'm sure if you select "Business Option 2 up to 16 Mb" from the drop down list on that page everything will stay as it is apart from the new product refresh features

Ahh but that's just it, "Business Option 2 up to 16 Mb" isn't an available option.

Under the the Business Broadband Products refresh details here it indicates that Business Options 2 and 3 are only for existing customers on current "Business up to 4Mb" or "Business up to 8Mb" products.

Business up to 4Mb -> Business Option 2† - up to 16Mb*
† Product not available for signup or upgrade after 30th March 2006.
N/A

it sounds then that downgrading would be your best option, infact it seems the account you are currently on is a bit of a white elephant

on a side note sherbrooke, you said your current package is "Business Premier - up to 4mbps" have you received any speed increase yet? i'm not sure how the upgrade process works for business customers
N/A

So it's a case of waiting for the scripts to come along and switch your account over.

And this will happen when, we were told it would be on the billing date?

If you were to switch to Option 1 via the portal, then you would be charged the standard business downgrade fee.

How much is the downgrade fee?
JonathanW
Grafter

In your particular case, sherbrooke, it would appear that there's been an issue. I've added a more detailed update onto your ticket.

As for the downgrade fee, for business accounts its £29.99 ex vat
N/A

it sounds then that downgrading would be your best option,
on a side note sherbrooke, you said your current package is "Business Premier - up to 4mbps" have you received any speed increase yet? i'm not sure how the upgrade process works for business customers

I think you might be right about the downgrade, I was considering it when the announcement was made as it would appear PN aren't going to offer anything faster than 8Mbps to business accounts.

As far as MaxDSL is concerned, the line was upgraded on 11-April. I think PN rules regarding upgrade order applied to all account types residential and business ie those already paying for faster speeds were processed first.
N/A

Thanks for the ticket update Jon.
N/A

glad you have your extra speed.

£29.99 to downgrade wow, a little harsh but still worth your while in my opinion
N/A

I'd like to know where those of us on the old HomeWorker Pro (20:1) and other legacy products fit in with the new product refresh? My billing date passed on the 18th with no change to my product either, and as far as I can see I'm stuck in limbo now waiting for some news...

Connection wise, the nearest equivalent product for me appears to be the business package as teleworker/small-business don't appear to be 20:1 products. And as far as I can see, the basic 8mb Business product is £10pcm less than I'm currently paying and it also has far more web space, ip addresses & other features. I've already spent a year on one 'never-never' product, so to be honest, none of the new products with the 'option x' monikers and promises of speeds >8mb 'when available' are of any interest to me. Given the number of people my BT exchange serves here in sunny Shropshire, I'd think LLU is unlikely to happen anytime soon!

I'm sorry to say this but as usual PN aren't looking after their business and legacy customers. We've been left hanging for nearly 6 weeks already with just the line that our products will be updated 'over the coming months'. That's really not good enough and it happens every time there's alterations to the product line. Would it really have taken that much longer to include the business/legacy products in the review and have then published a *complete* product revamp for everyone?

If new products are introduced then surely migration paths from all existing products should be sorted out before they are made available -otherwise affected customers are simply going to feel that they're being taken advantage of and are being fleeced...

I know things have been a bit 'interesting' around here lately, so I'm sorry to be kicking PN a bit when they're down - but there's business/homeworker customers now paying £45 & £65 pcm for 8Mb connections, when the cost of the equivalent, no strike that, superior Business product is apparently* only £35 pcm!
And I'm sure there's many of us who aren't interested in paying to be at the front of yet another future upgrades queue, and would just like some real products with a clear migration path to be defined for us.

I don't really want to be stuck waiting for several months waiting on PN to sort things out - because all that time I'm paying over the odds for an outdated product - and on top of that it sounds like I'm then likely to be charged another £30 when the appropriate package turns to be a downgrade! Evil

I hope I'm wrong on that last point, but if not then I hope that PN will "look after" their legacy customers when we are finally able to migrate our packages... but how long are we going to have to wait, and how much is it going to cost us in the meantime?

I've always felt PN to be great value and I've certainly no complaints over the service, but I really do despair at how they handle changes! Just like happened last year with the up-to 4mb/8mb products, once again we're in a situation where existing customers are stuck on packages that are costing more and delivering less than packages currently available to new customers and to those with defined migration paths.

Perhaps one of the comms teams would care to comment on the situation and get a progress report/statement on when the refresh for business and legacy products is actually going to happen?

Cheers,
Andy

*I've said 'apparently' as my product's upgrade options always leads to residential packages via the portal - even if I click buy now from the business pages - how helpful ! - So I can't get to see the full pricing options for the Business packages!