cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling every one from Northern Ireland

mrchalk
Grafter

Have you been upgraded to Max yet? Im from Londonderry and no max yet. Anyone from NI been up graded yet, if so, which town are you from? Cheers Cheesy
5 REPLIES
PortyAL
Dabbler

I'm from Lurgan. I checked the max speed I could get from the Lurgan exchange on BT's website and it was 4mb. (I live about 2 miles from the exchange).

AL
lowry
Grafter

Yep - upgraded to Max as part of the trial in January Wink -

I'm in Newtownards
mrchalk
Grafter

I'm from Lurgan. I checked the max speed I could get from the Lurgan exchange on BT's website and it was 4mb. (I live about 2 miles from the exchange).

AL

Cool, you upgraded yet?
N/A

Hi there mrchalk.

The fact that we are in NI has no bearing on whether we get maxed or not.

There are many from all over the Province who have been Maxed, including Londonderry.

PlusNet even had a number of customers from NI on the Max trials from the end of last year.

Unfortunately we are caught in the stalled MAX upgrade process just the same as anyone else.

My home connection in South Down is Max enabled, though still on a stable rate of 2mb Sad

Hi Matt btw. Smiley

TBH, if your current connection is working well, it may be just as wise to remain where you are until the problems and bugs are ironed out Smiley

Good to see a good number of N I bods on these boards. Smiley
mrchalk
Grafter

thank you PCSNI. Was beginning to wonder about NI cause i never really noticed anyone from here on the boards before. I know your right about staying where i am with my stable connection but it makes me mad when i see a mate of mine d/l @ 1000kbps (overnight) usually 600kbps thoughout the day :x Though i dont really mind waiting (too much) :lol: