cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all Migrators, Zen PRICE DROP!

N/A

Only £85.78 in TOTAL to migrate today!

Just phoned my order through, I'll be on Zen by next Wednesday!

From Confirmation E-Mail:
ZenADSL Office 2000
Provision type: Migration from another ISP
£73/month

Option to downgrade to the £38 a month as soon as you join implied but not guaranteed by sales of Zen.
14 REPLIES
N/A

Just put in an order with nildram Sad

An ex customer of them, so know what to expect anyway
N/A

Nildram just sounded not as appealling to me as they had the cap before, and I have an inkling they'll eventually do this Bad Boy Pipe idea.

Zen just has great reviews and ratings on most sites and that's why I chose them. Plus the £80 odd it cost me to migrate this morning was more than fair as they'll refund the difference if you downgrade to the cheaper £38ish 2mbps home one...
N/A

I order with nildram yesterday I spoke to them and there are no plans to cap in the near future.

There is no commitment and no migration charges for me at all.

I they decided to introduce this then I will just migrate again.
N/A

just a small word of warning to anyone who is an online gamer, I used to be with zen before plusnet and zen's servers are based in scotland I believe. As most game servers are in london average ping is 60ish rather than 40ish. It really doesn't make much difference, but just worth thinking about if your a big gamer. I've gone with nildram this time.
N/A

i went for zen yesterday, and for only £15 i will be able to upgrade to their 2mb connection. result!
N/A

I got a migration request to Zen yesterday. Just like for like 1mb.
N/A

migrate

I'm Going becouse i think that is what they want us to do
I'm going to get with my new isp a 2mb connection and a 20-1 uncapped all for £49.99 per month the same as i have with Plusnet but they charge £65.00 a nice £15.00 saving :lol:
N/A

Who is that with nellyb?
N/A

Hmm I'm going to Zen, but I was told that basically it'd cost me £83+VAT for first month on Office 2000 then £35+VAT to regrade my line to home 2Mb trial (total: £138.75)

So instead I've told Plus.net to downgrade me to 1Mb home (£14.99) and then I'll move across and reupgrade to 2Mb home (£15) so £30 in total. Just have to wait another week, but since today I've just paid for another month (yah!) i'm not really in so much hurry now :-(
N/A

I am also going with Nilly and I spoke to customer services at great length (they seem to know a lo about what is happening at Plusnet.)
I feel a 150Gb cap is more than fair, but even so they state they have no plans to cap in the near future.
As the contract is 1 month, it really makes no difference as you can migrate out again in the future with no contractual problems.
Also, i asked if Nildram plan to migrate the DSL2000Classic customers from the current 20:1 contention to 50:1 when the 2mb is finished and they have advised that they won't bother...
N/A

PlusNet said said to me yesterday. They have no plans to downgrade existing Home 2Mb people to REAL Home 2Mb when the trial ends.

I spoke to a friend last night who works for another ISP and he said because Plus would get charged a regrade fee by BT and to do that for every customer would be massive cost.

So if you're already on Home 2Mb... good for you :-)
N/A

ixscc:

Will Nildram let you migrate to the DSL2000Classic from your 2Mb Home account with PlusNet?
N/A

This is OK I have already order take between 10-15 day's but it had to be done.

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Full quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it's unnecessary]
N/A

ixscc:

Will Nildram let you migrate to the DSL2000Classic from your 2Mb Home account with PlusNet?

Only if your PlusNet Home 2Mb account that is the new trial 50:1 account, otherwise you will have to get the dslpro2000 20:1 account for the 1st month then they will allow you to regrade to the dsl2000Classic 2Mb home account.

Total cost for the Migration @ £78.73
The Re-grade is FREE, unlike Zen's £41.13 (inc. VAT) fee to regrade your account.

My Migration to Nildram is set for December 13th, not as fast as Zen, but a load cheaper! Cheesy