cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call closed without chance to reply......not happy

KimT
Grafter

I raised a call regarding being locked at 2mb on maxdsl, got a reply that it's due to the BRA's being locked at 2mb as this thinks its the stable rate.

This may be the case, but my call was closed without allowing me to reply which has annoyed me!

The reason why it may be stuck at 2mb is due to a problem I had with the master socket in the house, I was without BB for nearly 2 weeks! would this have anything to do with the BRA's being set so low as prior to the master socket problem I could reach 3.5mb!

Can someone from comms please take a look into this for me as I don't want to have to go through all the questions again just to raise a ticket for something I've already reported.

Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

If thats the case, then you don't need to raise a ticket - simply rebooting your router once a day for 3 - 4 days should increase the stable rate.
KimT
Grafter

Thanks for the reply squidgy, but I've tried that and can't get any faster than 2000 :-(

Here's the stats from my router if anyone can say if this should be the best I can get:-

It's a netgear dg834g

DownStream Connection Speed 2336 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2336 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 44 db 14 db
Noise Margin 4 db 23 db

Thanks in advance for any replies given :-)
N/A

How far are you from the exchange?

Your dB reading there of 4 leaves virtually no headroom for a faster speed than you actually have now. I have a dB reading of 15 and I am at 2MB also and have been for something like 6 months.

It could possibly be because your using a low quality filter, or a different filter than you was using last time.

Although alot of people here tell you to reboot daily I personally found that doing this was the reason I never had a BRA profile change (was stuck at 1MB for several months).

Everytime you reboot it resets the profiling, so I leave mine on for atleast 3 days and then reboot. Not sure if this actually helps but it made a hell of a lot of difference to my connection heh.

Do you have line stats from before the fault was fixed? Also what exactly was fixed, what changed etc?
KimT
Grafter

Thanks for the reply,unfortunately I don't have the stats from before :-(

As for what was changed, the BT engineer just said that there was a fault in the master socket and that he had fixed it, I didn't ask what had been done, was just glad I had BB back after 2 weeks!!!

If you think that it's as good as I'm going to get that's fine, it's just a shame as before this I had it nearly 2 times as fast, but at least it's faster than the 1mb I had prior to Maxdsl lol

Thanks
N/A

It is possible that you are now on Fast Path rather than Interleaving. With Interleaving you have more stability and speed, where as Fast Path has lower latency.

I think in the next couple of weeks you may find it sorts itself out. It is possible that you have been set to re-training as your line was without connection for 2 weeks, which may of forced the BRA profiling to start all over again.

Try and find out if your on Interleaving or Fast Path. The modem usually tells you, although I think PN could find this out for you if you ask via a ticket.