cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC response…Had to count to ten

JJ
Grafter

I am sharing with you all my recent set of tickets (it's a bit long). The last response leaves me speechless. Is it me, am I being unreasonable or are CSC deliberately trying to provoke me into asking for my mac key !!!!!

Me
I am on an 20:1 up to 8Mb legacy account which I am advised by various members of your comms team has to be handled manually as far as any regrade to MaxDSL or the new accounts is concerned.

Because of this could I please have confirmation that an order has now been placed with BT for a regrade to MaxDSL.

THEM
Unfortunatly at this stage we are unable to advised you as to when your line will be regraded.

Me
Your Jon Whiting has responded in the forums on the 12th April with the following:-

“As you're on one of the older packages, then you certainly should have had an upgrade order put through, though this might take a little while to complete. Though its been raised internally to ensure that your account has been picked up as part of the upgrade process.”
Can you please let me know if an upgrade order has been put through to BT

THEM

The details that we have have do indeed show that your order should be placed manually for this service, and this will occur in due time.

Unfortunatly, we have no timescale for when this will be completed, as they are being actioned manually in accout start order.

Me

I am on an ‘up to 8Mb’ package and have been paying a premium for many months to be given ‘priority’ when the MaxDSL products launched.

As PN are now upgrading customers who have not paid a premium and your response says 'you have no timescale' and that things are now handled in ‘date order’ I believe PN have failed to honour the contract we have between us.

I therefore respectfully request the full refund of said premium.

THEM

First priority is being given to customers who are on the 4Mb an 8Mb packages, followed by the remainder of the customer base with longer-standing customers being given prioity on this.

We can only place a limited number of regrades with BT per day and so it will take some time for us to place all these orders, we will contact you further once an order has been placed.

Now you tell me why on earth do I bother with this lot

John H
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Just when you think they couldn't rise to higher levels of ineptitude...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Last i read PAYG customers were taking priority over the 4mb and 8mb customers.

In the last week the way they prioritize seems to be changing daily.
Community Veteran

You can take cold comfort from not being alone in this.

My ticket 19104478 is very similar, many replies continually miss the point of what is written. I have on occasion created queries that require only a YES or NO reply to which I recieve some prepared text on a related issue but misses the point.

Also when a sentence ends with '?' it means you are expecting a reply on that item/aspect.

This is pretty bad.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
JJ
Grafter

@godsell4

To me it is simple

They could have just said.

Sorry we haven’t placed your order as we are having to do it manually. It is an unusual account which we didn’t plan for. We regret to advise you that there could be a month or two's delay in getting you on to MaxDSL.

In recompense we will not bill you for the next 4 Months ( or we will refund £x)

I would have been happy, Max DSL would have been a bit late for me but that’s life. There was a problem and they sorted it the best they could.

John H
N/A

At least the replies were readable Wink No doubt because they were cut and paste..
I don't know where PlusNet got their redefined definition of what service and support are. Perhaps doing it properly was unsustainable.
JJ
Grafter

Surprise surprise, like a lot of other people I received a ticket today saying that my account had been missed.

Rather a lot of people have been ‘missed’ haven’t they.

Excuse me if I don’t really believe the word ‘missed’. PN have been planning this upgrade for months, surely their project management planners thought of how to handle the legacy customers.

Oh silly me they did didn’t they “ oh just tell them they have been missed”

John H
JonathanW
Grafter

The majority of the accounts that have been paying for the higher speeds have had orders placed. However, a handful of accounts were missed out by the script and we're now putting orders through for these on a priority basis.
Ommin
Grafter

Rather a lot of people have been ‘missed’ haven’t they.

At best they have proved themselves incompetent but there is also a strong suspicion that they have been, and are still being, economical with the truth in respect of this matter.
JJ
Grafter

@hnimmo

Although they don’t deserve this comment…

I wouldn’t call it incompetence; there are often mistakes/omissions in the best of plans. I’ve had to handle project mistakes considerably more damaging then anything PN could dream up.

What they are inept at is damage limitation.

John H
N/A

Yes, mistakes do crop up from time to time, especially on large projects. This is to be expected and if dealt with well isn't a problem.
On the other hand, when nearly all projects are repeatedly suffering from the same core problems it becomes incompetence.