cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS: "yes, we'll charge you for service we haven't provi

N/A

...and there is nothing you can do about it.

On 27th of August I canceled my account and requested the MAC code. It was because of changed T&C but also because my connection died when regrade from 20:1 to 50:1 was done and PN didn't seem to be able, or willing, to fix it. And because of few other problems.

Today they sent me the 'Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment '. I called CS, explained that I canceled on time, that I don't have connection for weeks, that I was paying £39.99 until mid August and in light of all this I shouldn't be charged for another month. I also mentioned clause 23 of their T&C saying that I can end the agreement immediately if PN changes their T&C…

In short, reply I got from the CS was that I’m right, I did cancel my agreement on time and according to the T&C clause 23 and yes, it’s true that I don’t have connection for weeks and he can understand my view, but PN will still charge me for the service they haven't provided and there is nothing I can do about it.

How should I deal with this? Is there really nothing I can do to prevent them stealing another £21.99 from me?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Cancel your direct debit and ask your bank for a refund of any overcharge under the direct debit guarantee. Bank then has to try to sort that out with the supplier - usually gets a response!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Please see ticket 17488835, hopefully this should make the situation clearer.
N/A

I did cancel my Direct Debit on time. But PN still has my Credit Card details as well. Besides, I'm not sure I want to fight it that way. I would prefer PN to close this and say that I don't owe them anything.
N/A

Ben,

Are you referring to the ticket that says:
Open : Customer requested migration on 27th August, account scheduled for cancellation on 26th September, please work out any extra payment taken and refund. This should be 19 days.

Yes, a CS agent explained it to me. It means that PN will still charge me for another month tomorrow but then I will get a refund for the time between 26/09 and 08/10 when next payment would be due. It means that I still have to pay PN until 26/09.

That still doesn't make sense to me.

Don't I have the right to cancel the contract immediately if I don't agree with new T&C? At least that's how I understand clause 23.1.3 of the T&C...

Did PN fix my connection?

Everything I wrote is still valid and that ticket just shows how little you care for common sense and good customer relations. Even if at the end the total additional cost will be just £15 I still don't see why would I have to give it to PN. I anyway overpaid for the service for months,
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Normally we would require 30 days notice to cancel an account, so you would not be refunded for the time after you migrated out.

If you are rejecting the terms and conditions then we waive this notice, however you still need to pay for the time that we are supplying the ADSL service to you.
N/A

Ben, again, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

What the CS agent and the ticket says is that I will be charged for the period of 30 days after my notice. I will be charged until 26/09 which is 30 days after my notice. Although I mentioned that I don't agree with T&C and that the 30 day notice period should be waived, answer I got was that I will still be charged for that period and there is nothing I can do about it.

Also, it's not like you are providing me any ADSL service at the moment, is it? ADSL doesn't work for weeks and you gave up on trying to fix it.

So, tell me again why I need to pay you tomorrow?