cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI requirements and PAYG (0845) access

Eserim
Rising Star

CLI requirements and PAYG (0845) access

I had to set up a laptop for a partner organization today, their massive network firewall and tied down workstations meant I had to use a simple dial up rather than their broadband to do the work we are collaborating on.

However, because they have CLI disabled I couldn't log in on the PAYG account I set up for them.

Is there a way round this??

BTW the reason for CLI being disabled is with 800 phone extensions all showing the same number to people bing called the switch board gets loads of calls along the lines of "Someone at you number just called me, Why, Who?"

CH
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: CLI requirements and PAYG (0845) access

I think that you can pre-fix the number to be dialled with 1470. This will unblock the number for dialling into the internet and you should have access to all the features denied as a result of the number being blocked. The 1470 prefix can be used to allow a blocked number to become unblocked for that call only.

Melodytune

> I had to set up a laptop for a partner organization today, their massive network firewall and tied down workstations meant I had to use a simple dial up rather than their broadband to do the work we are collaborating on.
>
> However, because they have CLI disabled I couldn't log in on the PAYG account I set up for them.
>
> Is there a way round this??
>
> BTW the reason for CLI being disabled is with 800 phone extensions all showing the same number to people bing called the switch board gets loads of calls along the lines of "Someone at you number just called me, Why, Who?"
>
> CH

N/A

RE: CLI requirements and PAYG (0845) access

Hi there,

Indeed this is correct, at least for a BT service. I'm sure that if the phone system runs on a different network there will be an equivalent but this is something that will require further investigation.

Our 0845 number allows dial ups from anywhere and without the requirement for the CLI to be displayed, we would have no way of identifying a connection. If our service is then used inappropriately, this could cause poroblems.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+