cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Settings

N/A

CLI Settings

Hello

Why would I might want to modify my CLI settings? Does this mean I can use my PLusNet BB at various locations?

Regards

Paul
3 REPLIES
James
Grafter

CLI Settings

It's for your dialup access.
Community Veteran

CLI Settings

To expand on James's comment.

There are two dial-up services available to broadband customers;

0845 prefix, which is a general dial-up service and can be used from any phone line. You pay for this access via your phone bill.

0808 prefix, which is used as an alternative dial-up service should you be suffering a connection fault. Once you have opened a fault ticket. PlusNet will activate this for you (if appropriate) so that you can still connect. This requires the CLI to be correct, as the charges for this service are paid by PlusNet. Once the fault has cleared PlusNet will remove access to this number.

Chilly
lank111
Grafter

CLI Settings

0808 prefix, which is used as an alternative dial-up service should you be suffering a connection fault. Once you have opened a fault ticket. PlusNet will activate this for you (if appropriate) so that you can still connect. This requires the CLI to be correct, as the charges for this service are paid by PlusNet. Once the fault has cleared PlusNet will remove access to this number.

Wow, i didnt know this, nor would i expect alot of other customers having connection issues!

I'm happy with my connection at the moment and have done for a while now, its not the fasted but its stable and the quality is good!

i know BT is largely to blame for these problems that a small number of customers having issues.

It all ISPS, plusnet are one of the best! who else offers a 0808 alturnative number, fast and dedicated support, total network honestly!

keep it up =)