cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI server

rodmc
Grafter

CGI server

Im just after setting up a phpBB board, which was opened yesterday, and I got up this morning to find that my inbox was full with the users who signed up yesterday asking whats happening.
no response from the server at all today, what the hell is goin on over at PN, no info on when it will be back either.

come on PN, get the finger out.

In addition, how come the plus.net forum seems to be working ok?

I r not happy Evil
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

CGI server

I suspect a DNS problem here.
I cannot access anything on my ccgi space via the web either but I can FTP to it and see all the folders with files in them. Evil

The forum is an a diferent server.
rodmc
Grafter

CGI server

As you know John, I struggled to get the board working and I was quite pleased when 48 people signed up yesterday alone, only to find the server was 'gone' this morning.
Although I did make a backup as you said, so at least I know Ive got one less thing to worry about.
sexysir
Grafter

CGI server

Given that I was recommended by Plusnet to move all my site to the CGI servers, and argued against it on the grounds of redundancy (and also because the CGI servers always seem less responsive), it would seem that my point is validated.

When will Plusnet actually put some investment of resources and time into them?

They've been down/slow on a monthly basis since I started using them. They're one of the main reasons I stay with Plusnet.
rodmc
Grafter

CGI server

indeed, As I stated the other day, PN need some fault tolerance there, the load balancers clearly arent cutting it.
It'd would probaly have been a better to take the problem CGI server right out of service and replaced it there and then.
ESL
Grafter

CGI server

I suspect a DNS problem here.
I cannot access anything on my ccgi space via the web either but I can FTP to it and see all the folders with files in them. Evil

The forum is an a diferent server.

I was OK this morning at 9:00, but it's gone now. I too have only just got my phpbb forum working, and all I am dealing with at the moment. is teling my members and prospective members why it's not working.,

Hardly an auspicious start!!!!

Sad Sad Sad
sexysir
Grafter

CGI server

Once you get in, copy and paste the service status updates on your site. Should smooth things over a little.
ESL
Grafter

CGI server

That's a good idea actually - at least then I can point the finger.

(or two Evil )

Wink
ESL
Grafter

CGI server

It's back online!!!

Just posted that service announcement too!!!

Fingers crossed.
:shock:
rodmc
Grafter

CGI server

mine isnt Evil
Community Veteran

CGI server

ESL
Grafter

CGI server

I'm on rumpus. I wonder if not all have them are recovered yet...
Sad
sexysir
Grafter

CGI server

Up here too!