cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Server / Customer Service

N/A

Is Plus.Net going down the pan or what ?

Not only is it taking me serveral attempts today to connect to my website hosted on the CGi server, but reporting the issue to tech support via phone is not acceptable!!!!
--- In fact the guy who took my call even put the phone down on me!!!!!

Let me think...If I raise an issue with tech support via the ticketing sytem, they will look at the ticket in ?? hours at which time I may not even have the problem any more and it will take [at this time] 6 hours to tell me the good news!

Let me think...Putting the phone down on someone is an acceptable level of customer service.

Let me think...All the recent issues with mail and web services not working.....mmmmm, that must be worth the £25 a month price tag.

Sort it out...or i'm off and sadly I don't think I will be alone!!!!!!

Mark
9 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

The CGI issues are well documented in the CGI Section of link:Service Status so you can find information about this there. It did appear as if the CGI server went away about 20 mins ago though.

As for the putting the phone down, I'm sure if you email or PM one of the Comms Team (dtomlinson, horwath, ianwild, joshberry) including the call time and the CLI number (phone number) of the phone you used then they will investigate it.
N/A

Thanks for the advice but I don't think I need to PM Ian Wild or equivalant as they should be monitoring this forum anyway. It is entiteled 'Customer Feedback'!

I have been monitoring the CGI server upgarde status over the last few weeks so I am aware that they are doing something. just WHEN?

The time I placed the call to support was around 16:20, my number was withheld and the guy who hung up on me didn't offer his name. Shouldn't they be saying....'hi your through to support, my name is. blah blah....,how can i help you Huh' anyway Huh?? :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We do take complaints about our support team very seriously, although it's probably going to be impossible to find out who you spoke to if your number was withheld. I've had a look on your account and no-one else has looked it it today.

At the moment we have a policy where the agents shouldn't be giving their names out until they've verified your username. There is a very good reason for this which I don't really want to go in to here.

As for the CGI server we did get a couple of reports of it being down over the phone and also here on the forums, I checked it at the time and it was responding normally from here and there was nothing showing up on our monitoring tools. I am going to be keeping an eye on it though over the evening.
csogilvie
Grafter

The third week in March is the propossed upgrade time. More details will be released nearer the time I guess.
michaelscott
Grafter

With the aggressive attitude that you have expressed here, I'm not surprise he put the phone down on you. :roll:
N/A

Michael,

I never intended my comments to be interpreted as aggressive, If they have been interpreted that way I apologise.

I though my comments may have been interpreted in the manner in which I wrote them: - as a frustrated, annoyed and disappointed plus.net customer.
N/A

It can be a very difficult job on customer phone support. I am sure everyone has felt like putting the phone down sometimes.
I expect that with the current poor state of the services, every call must be a moan. Not everyone may be polite, some may be downright abusive.
N/A

With the aggressive attitude that you have expressed here

Nothing about his posts sounded aggresive to me. Quite aside from which, it's not really good practice for support to be hanging up the phone on every angry customer they speak to. They're paid to deal with it.
N/A

Yes, but then you would be the first to complain that support are spending more time listening to stuff they have no answers for, when they could be helping others.

IMHO, it was very borderline aggressive.

When it comes to forums, you foten not tell the mood of a user when posting. When you can very noticably tell this, you can often see another persons point of view on the situation.