cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Problem

xpher
Grafter

CGI Problem

I cannot ftp into my cgi space. I either get a timeout or a 530 saying too many times. I can putty into it though. Desperately needing to sort this one.

I am using same connection settings as always used.

Thanks
10 REPLIES
xpher
Grafter

CGI Problem

Working again now. Why has this been so erratic lately?
xpher
Grafter

CGI Problem

Gone again

Response: 530 Sorry, you may not connect more times.
Error: Unable to connect!
xpher
Grafter

CGI Problem

Still having problems and wasting a lot of my time. Any response support?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

CGI Problem

Hi,

Just tried my own account a couple of times and it seems OK. Which FTP client are you using and have you tried another (e.g. Internet Explorer)?
xpher
Grafter

CGI Problem

Hi

I've used Filezilla which I've always used with no problems, also tried FireFtp in Firefox but that's a bit naff anyway. Have no problems with homepages it's just with cgi. When it times out or seems to hang listing directories I can never reconnect more than a couple of times without it saying too many attempts.

Have used same software to ftp into other cgi spaces on different servers with no trouble whatsoever. Don't worry about it I'll just accept it. I'm thinking of moving my pages to another hosting service as I realise that all these things are a bonus with F9 so can't grumble too much. Not moving my broadband though cos eventhough you guys get some stick I think people are hard pushed to find the same for the same money. I've looked.

Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

CGI Problem

hi there,

The error you provided of
530 Sorry, you may not connect more times.
means that FileZilla is trying to create more than 6 concurrent connections, this isn't allowed on our ccgi server so you'll need to find the setting in the client to alter this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Adam1V
Grafter

CGI Problem

there is definatly something with the cgi space. Ive found myself in exactly the same situation as cfrank.
Ive tried using explorer and a free ftp client.

Usually, i leave the ftp client retrying and after about 10/15 mins it lets me in.

I think if you dont logout a particular way it still thinks your logged in and wont let you in.

as mention, its definatly very erratic :-s
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

CGI Problem

Yes, this is the way the cgi servers are set up. They will only allow a maximum of 6 concurrent sessions per user.
If you try a command prompt to ftp does this work? This only creates one connection so shouldn't be any problem.

Try entering ftp ccgi.force9.net from a command prompt.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
xpher
Grafter

CGI Problem

Yes that does work
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

CGI Problem

Hmm, I wonder if the session idle timeout is set incorrectly, I'll see if I can replicate it.

If anyone's still having a problem then in the meantime as a way around it you could upload the files as a zip/tarball to homepages and then log in to CGI using SSH/Telnet and download the file using the wget command then extract them.