Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCGI FTP

andyhargreaves
Dabbler

CCGI FTP

Hi

I cannot connect to FTP on the CCGI server. The client authenticates fine but cannot list a directory - a timeout error occurs.

I have raised a ticket but suspect this might be faster Wink

Andy
9 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

CCGI FTP

Are you using a firewall? Have you tried both Active and Passive mode?
Quester
Grafter

CCGI FTP

I found that on FTP server #2 I would have to set active mode to get it to work and that'd work on #1 aswell but now I find I can't do anything with FTP server #2 login is ok but no directory listing however with #1 I can get to work if I set passive mode on, that is if I can manage to hit #1

*sigh*
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

CCGI FTP

Have you both tried turning the PlusNet firewall off or lowering the settings?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
andyhargreaves
Dabbler

CCGI FTP

Hi

PN firewall is off - I like to manage my own hardware firewall. I've used the CCGI FTP from this machine before, and haven't changed any network settings on my computer or router since.

Got a really useful response from the ticket I raised :roll:

Andy
N/A

CCGI FTP

I'm getting the same problems trying to connect this evening using SmartFTP Pro. I'm getting the error [20:41:51] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
I've shut down, disconnected, tried active and passive modes, ensured PN firewall is off but I am just not getting a connection. Help would be appreciated...
Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

CCGI FTP

Hi,

Can you try it again please? I just tried it once and got a similar error then tried it again about a dozen times and it worked fine every time.
N/A

CCGI FTP

Thanks for the reply...
It eventually connected at 9:48pm. I had tried for a continuous 30 mins before that without success... was it just an issue last night ?
Quester
Grafter

CCGI FTP

Having the Plusnet Firewall turned on or off doesn't appear to make a difference.

However it appears that FTP seems Ok on FTP Sever #1 with Active mode and FTP #2 with Passive Mode.

gareths, did you notice which FTP server you were connected to and which mode your connection was set to?
N/A

CCGI FTP

How do you know which one you are connected to ? I tried passive and active... it eventually worked with passive only.
Thanks
Gareth