cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Everyone!

N/A

Bye Everyone!

It's been a good four years (apart from severe packet loss in the old days lol) but my migration has finally come through. I've just changed the router details and it's connected to Zen. So I'm offski.

For the support guys, you've had your fair share of grief from me but took in on the chin. You couldn't pay me enough to work in support Wink Now just refund the 21.99 you owe me and we are all square lol.

For those left behind, both happy and unhappy, I wish you well. It has been interesting debating with both sides and no doubt some new changes will fire up the forums again in a few months.

Happy surfing.

Ed.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Bye Everyone!

good luck.

you've chosen your next ISP wisely IMO.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

odd, we've had a few customers who have asked us to handle their migrations away from them also.

i guess everyone has their faults and, as we've said before, in almost 2yrs we've had no problems with Plusnet and have now referred almost 20 other customers over to them (home and business) and if they had problems then they'd soon come to use screaming we'd advised them wrongly.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

zen's fault is price. your customers are cheapskates Wink
N/A

Bye Everyone!

I'd disagree. Why pay more for an excellent service than you need to. We've had no problems with them and none of our own customer have. We hear far more people moaning to us about other major ISP's. We'll continue to use and recommend PlusNet for as long as we are happy with them.

This message is not sponsored by PlusNet nor are our views or opinions btw.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

a) joke
b) your customers evidently don't require a top of the range service. that's fine.

edit c) i should proof read before i post :lol:
N/A

Bye Everyone!

I'd disagree. Why pay more for an excellent service than you need to..

I guess Zen realise that if they dropped prices it would be more difficult to sustain the level of service they have and their business model. For the moment they appear to be offering a quality product at a quality price.

I am happy to pay that, but I guess your users are not and have chosen to go elsewhere. Plusnet dropped prices and are now suffering, or rather their customers are.

IMO Plusnet are gearing their whole business model around the 14.99 light user and it's begining to show.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

Hi eddiewood, I hope Zen are good for you. I've finally got my MAC key today as well and I'm off to Freedom2Surf. Cheesy

Does anyone know how long does it takes to switch provider once you've given the new one your MAC key, and will there be any break in service?
csogilvie
Grafter

Bye Everyone!

7 days or so, and maybe about 30 mins downtime overnight...
N/A

Bye Everyone!

zen can arrange to have you set up with them before your plusnet account expires, so no downtime. i don't know the f2s policy.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

Got my mac code, still not completely sure as to Zen or F2S. I never used to be able to make up my mind, but now I am not sure!
N/A

Bye Everyone!

good luck wiih your new isp eddie :lol:

let us know how u get on
N/A

Bye Everyone!

Hi eddiewood, I hope Zen are good for you. I've finally got my MAC key today as well and I'm off to Freedom2Surf. icon_biggrin.gif

Does anyone know how long does it takes to switch provider once you've given the new one your MAC key, and will there be any break in service?

Signed up with F2s - 11pm Sunday, got an email this morning (Mon), transfer to f2s on th 13th.

When i moved from pipex to here 4 months ago i had no downtime, I could log in to both account all day.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

Thanks for all the nice replies.

Got an email from Zen saying that the migration took place sometime overnight, my router was still connected to Plusnet in the morning. Put my Zen details in and that worked too. Very smooth for me.

Pinging around gives me good pings (I'm a gamer) and I'm very pleased.

Sinwave, Amittell, Towell, Soundsystem, Erictek and any that I've missed, I hope you all get sorted and whatever you decide goes well for you.
N/A

Bye Everyone!

I'll see you over there Wink

For me it has always been quality of service that I'm after & I don't mind paying extra for that. The fact that my original package is now restricted & there is not the option to upgrade to a more suitable package for my family - that is the reason for my migration.

I'm not a heavy user, but I just don't feel comfortable having to worry about the amount of bandwidth my family are using.