cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business model unfair to folk who move to PlusNet

Username
Grafter

If I open a Business "ADSL NetStart Self-Install" account and register a new .co.uk domain name I get that domian registered and renewed in the standard monthly price

If I move from another ISP to PlusNet and open the same type of account I cannot bring with me my exisiting .co.uk domain name and have its hosting included within the standard monthly price

Why?

After all the existing domain name is already registered and therefore the process would save PlusNet the registration fee!
9 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

On your account type you can host upto 5 domains free of charge. you can then choose to renew them with us or elsewhere, but we will not charge for hosting on your account type for another domain.

Regards

Luke
Username
Grafter

Thanks for the reply - from my conversations (2x) with Sales they say I have no option but to renew directly with Nominet - as the domain was transfered in!

[NB to horwath (Luke) - send you a PM]
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi,

Following on from our conversation and for future reference, any domain that has been transferred into us, cannot be renewed as an included .co.uk domain. Only domains registered as an included .co.uk will be renewed as such.

Kind regards

Luke
Community Veteran

Does that only apply to a business account, because there was a thread a few weeks ago that said that domains brought in can now be included on the £1-00 charge?
All that was needed was a note via contact us to request its inclusion as a domain hosted and renewed via Plusnet.
Community Veteran

I assume that only applies to business accounts. A recent post indicated home accounts can transfer domains in and be assigned to the £1 inclusive domain.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

Sorry, should have mentioned, yes this is just for business accounts. I am going to raise an idea for business accounts to have the £1 a month option as well, so domains transferred in can be renewed for £1 a month.

regards

Luke
N/A

Why not transfer your domain to www.ukreg.com i just payed £2.95 per year for a .co.uk domain entered plusnets name servers, and transfered in the domain hosting onto my account.
Community Veteran

Why £1 a month? Why cant business users simly transfer domains in and use them as the free domains on the account? It would save people registering extra domains at PlusNet's cost just to get thier money's worth and would attract more customers, which are better business than general consumers anyway.

Chris
Username
Grafter

Why £1 a month? Why cant business users simly transfer domains in and use them as the free domains on the account? It would save people registering extra domains at PlusNet's cost just to get thier money's worth and would attract more customers, which are better business than general consumers anyway.

My point exactly...

PlusNet would even save on the initial registration fee as the domain is already registered. Look after the pennys and the pounds look after themselves!