cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Users Beware

N/A

Business Users Beware

After a month or so trying to find out why I did not get a regrade 3 months ago when a neighbor with Plusnet on the same excange and DSLAM did, I have now been informed that BT have a different schedule for the regarding of business accounts. Having decided not to wait any longer I pay for an upgrade. This lead to a further problem as the Product that I was using no longer exists, so to get a regrade I had to move to a different Product and pay an increased tariff albeit minor.
Rob
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Business Users Beware

Hi,

If the product you are on is based on BT's IPStream Home (e.g. Netstart, Small Business or Teleworker) then the regrades are being done in line with the residential accounts. Those on IPStream Office (e.g. Small Business Pro, Teleworker Pro, Business Premier) then the BT Wholesale regrade schedule is a little different.

BT Wholesale have said they will update us on the progress of the IPStream Office regrades next month, the IPStream Home ones are due to complete for the majority in October with a manual mop-up in November.
N/A

Business Users Beware

Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was on netstart so was I given duff info? I have not been able to find out what BT product I am using it is not listesd in Account Details

Rob
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Business Users Beware

I don't think so. We've had a different rollout for business and residential upgrades which is likely what's being referred to here. The residential regrade programme for accounts on our side began several months ago, but only became available to business customers with the updated business products at the beginning of the month.
N/A

Business Users Beware

Interesting to know there are different schedules for the home & business lines. I assume home is 50:1 and business 20:1 and will stay the same after speed regrade - has the business upgrade started yet?
N/A

Business Users Beware

Not all of the business accounts are 20:1.

Small Business and Teleworker are 50:1 BT contention.
N/A

Business Users Beware

Dave,

I have just seen a Service notice gining the results of a speed test. It does say:

Speed : 2000
BT Product: BT IPStream Office 2000

So my line had been regraded, but even though I am on (or was) on Netstart which should have been IP stream home it was infact IP Stream Office. This explains why I did not get the regrade when others did.

I am also disapointed that the statement given in April in responce to ticket 16373761 that I would be regraded as soon as my exchange was, in not being honored. Not only that I am having to pay an upgrade fee and increased monthly payments to get something I should have had 3 months ago!

Rob
N/A

Business Users Beware

I understand what you are saying, but the option to upgrade the business accounts as part of the free process did not exist 3 months ago.

As stated by Dave above, this only came into play at the beginning of this month with the launch of the new business product set.

If you were told in April that the free upgrade would happen sooner, then that was an error.

What product have you moved to. Would Small Business not have been the equivalent to Netstart, with the addition of free spam and AV?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Business Users Beware

The regrade orders have all been placed, but are continuing over the next couple of months. Even if someone on the exchange has had a regrade, or even the same DSLAM this does not mean that your regrade would happen at the same time as some DSLAM's have multiple visits or some VP's particular DSLAM's haven't been done.

The Speed result you see is determined what speed you can be regraded to not what you are currently on, from the BT ordering system you are currently on IPStream Home through the Netstart account, the account type you have chosen to move to is based on IPStream Office, and the speed check believes your line will support 2Mbps.

If you want we can move you to Small Business up to 2Mbps instead, which would see your subscription drop by £1 per month, plus the increase in speed to 2Mbps (although IPStream Home 2000 rather than Office 2000).
N/A

Business Users Beware

Ok I give up Sad