cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business User Pricing

greville
Grafter

Business User Pricing

I understand that PlusNet is in the process of revising its charges for business users - good. But could someone explain to me why a business user has to pay more than a home user in any case. If like me you are basically using the internet for collection of e.mail and possibly uploading to a hosted website now and then, then the use that I put the internet to for business purposes is a lot less that say a home user who may be playing games or solidly surfing.
3 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Business User Pricing

I appreciate your point although online gaming does not eat that much of your bandwidth.

Generically, business users do tend to use the services more, if you think the average home users will probably go online for upto 2 hours a day, where as the average business user does use about 8 hours a day.

There are also additional features and services available on Business accounts (like double webspace etc..).

We also find that business users contact customer support more often then home users and this again will increase the cost per head.

kind regards

Luke
greville
Grafter

Business User Pricing

I appreciate your answer, but surely with the new charges announced for home users ie bandwidth allowances and the like, then a business user ought to be able to take advantage of the home pricing structure which caters for the usage the service is put to. Incidentally when may we expect the new business packages
lhorwath
Grafter

Business User Pricing

We are in the process of reviewing our business products in the same way as we did with the home accounts. However I don't know when they will be released.

I assure you we will be launching a range which is very competative and versatile.

kind regards

Luke