cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Customers - Discussion

JonathanW
Grafter

Please use this thread to discuss this announcement.
58 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

That should drop the average on the top 1% then. :lol:
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Why don't you simply give them 30 days notice and a MAC Code and cancel their accounts if they haven't migrated out within the 30 day notice period.

You really need to get tough with your badly behaved customers. And, while you're at it, give your BB+ customers a throttle free allowance on all protocols.

R
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Isn't downloading warez, copying it to CD and flogging it at the local maket "business" use? Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

lol; nah I don't think it's warez I reckon it's linux ISO's they're flogging on!
___oDiN__
Grafter

im curious what if the business is a cyber cafe for instance
are the supposed to ban paying customers from using such protocols?
N/A

If i owned a cybercafé I wouldn't allow any removable media to come near my PCs, nor would I want wireless users with their own laptops using my full bandwidth while everyone else struggles to view webpages.

But thats just me.

Additionally, a cybercafé wouldn't be downloading p2p and hammering usenet 24/7 which it is apparent that these 35 have been.
___oDiN__
Grafter

24/7 no maybe

but i know for a fact that lots of users at my local cyber cafe use it for ng access and p2p downloads.

im not being funny but as a business user who in essance pay more for the same bw shoulnt be getting restrictions in place and if plusnet dont want home users jumpingonto business accounts they should add some level of checking before granting business accounts

it just seems that everything plusnet are doing of late involves restrictions/caps/throttles/limits

i find it quite disturbing tbh
N/A

There is a bit of a difference in the local cyber cafe doing the occasional bursty download and the car boot leecher downloading 24/7.

Thats where the difference comes in.

As a business customer, I fully support and welcome Plus Nets attitude on this. I dont think those of us who use our connections for legitimate purposes would be too happy if we had to suffer restrictions because of a few greedy customers.

<edit for typo>
N/A

Why is it that the assumption is that someone using p2p a lot is selling cd's or dvds in car boot sales, ok i'll go along with the idea it happens but I doubt it goes on on the scale suggested by some of the comments I've read in the various posts. I thought they got their "products" from other places.(could be wrong here)
Also could it be considered a dangerous comment to make all it needs is for one of the 35 to take exception and sue for slander!
I'm talking about comments like Quote "There is a bit of a difference in the local cyber cafe doing the occasional bursty download and the car boot leecher downloading 24/7. " Unquote
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi there,

We wouldn't have a problem with a Cyber Cafe as it's a business buying a business product for their business needs. What we do have concern about is where very heavy users who have been on Premier accounts have moved to Teleworker or Small Business accounts to avoid SUP and carried on downloading hundreds of GB per month using P2P and usenet.

I'm sure most customers would support us taking action on a case by case basis where it's clear that people are using business accounts to download massive amounts and avoiding SUP.

We discussed this with PUG at our meeting a few weeks ago and we talked it through at our customer forum last weekend and people thought it was a good idea to take action.
N/A

The quoted comment is neither slanderous nor untrue. The difference is clear and massive.

I stand by my comments.

There are or were residential customers who switched to Business products in an effort to circumvent or avoid the SUP. The potential effect those customers could have had on normal business users is obvious.
N/A

why contact 35 business customers and not all? or is it the case that the 35 are the ones that are using the packages in a way for which they were not designed??

I for one have had my Homeworker/business connection from the day I signed up with PN and use P2P now and again (most downloads are HTTP) and the most I have ever used has not exceeded 70GB in one month. So I am wondering just how PN are going to go about justifying who is a residential and who is a business user?

Brian
___oDiN__
Grafter

and perhaps more importanly what limit is unsuitable for business use?
LiamM
Grafter

It's dead easy to see. It's people who have exceeded SUP allowances on residential accounts and moved to business accounts for the sole purpose of doing the same thing.