Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Customers Board

craigbrass
Grafter

Business Customers Board

Hello,

Would be nice to have another board added on this forum just for Business customers.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass
38 REPLIES
N/A

Business Customers Board

What would we talk about, that we can't don't already talk about on other boards?
Should we really distance ourselves from the knowledge and experience of non-business customers, just because they pay less than us?
Not saying we shouldn't just anticipating some of the questions the mods might ask.
craigbrass
Grafter

Business Customers Board

Well some plusnet customers have SDSL for instance. This could be discussed there.
N/A

Business Customers Board

Good plan, would love to see some discussions on SDSL, been thinking about it for a while, but suspicious that I don't see loads of complaints about it - strange I know, but at least with ADSL there are likely hundreds out there that have had similar probs, thus they can be solved more easily.
I suppose we could also complain about higher charges etc!
craigbrass
Grafter

Business Customers Board

In my opinion, the reason SDSL has few problems is because there is hardly anyone with it on exchanges. Like say our exchange, I recon only 10-15 will have it yet thousends on ADSL. Fewer people = fewer probs imo. But discussion about it would be good, yes.

As for the reason it costs so much, its because its newish. ADSL was very expencive when it first came out, then it has been reduced to the tiny prices we see today. In the coming months after 8mb has been launched fully by BT, SDSL is said to go down to around £50 for the 512 and up from there but we'll see.
Community Veteran

Business Customers Board

There is already a forum for the discussion of SDSL, the ADSL and Broadband forum. The addition of too many little used forums would make the forums a lot more difficult to use and find things for the average joe who ocassionally reads and rarely posts in the forums.

Chris
LiamM
Grafter

Business Customers Board

I would actually find it easier (as an average joe) finding things in more specific forums, than in general forums which are very busy.

For example, as a business customer, an average joe would be more inclined to be attracted to the business forum. At the moment that doesn't happen, and a lot of irrelavent stuff needs to be trawled through.
craigbrass
Grafter

Business Customers Board

Its the same with the "Customer Feedback" forum really. Just about everything gets thrown in there. Gonna post a massive suggestion for it in a minute.
N/A

Business Customers Board

the biz forum would be full of "update our damn lines!!!!!!"£$"%"!!!" kind of posts ^_^

maybe then plusnet would notice that we are totaly unhappy with the product
N/A

Business Customers Board

I think the subject of a seperate Business users forum has come up in the past.

I for one, dont see the need.

Yes, business customers have become quite vocal in the recent past, but prior to that there was little input from that group to the forums.

i would tend to believe that once, and if, the current business products are revamped, business customers would revert to posting only if they have problems.

At the minute it is difficult enough to get a response from Plus Net in the feedback forum never mind burying issues in other forums which are not likely to be seen by as many people.

My vote would be to keep our grievances in the public domain not tucked away where they may be seen but not heard. Wink
N/A

Business Customers Board

As topics for each forum become more specific, there is likely to be more of us posting in the wrong place, or placing in the right place, but then the thread venturing into other topics.
I think on the whole that its pretty good now though, but not adverse to change
mssystems
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Business Customers Board

maybe then plusnet would notice that we are totaly unhappy with the product
Providing a business fora which received a little more attention from PN might make the product worth a little more.

Just a thought.
batfastad
Grafter

Business Customers Board

I think a business forum would be really useful.
For people on the business products only.

Do it PN!!
Community Veteran

Business Customers Board

Why would it be of benefit? For anything like this to be put into action we'd need to see some real benefits all round.

Also just to add It would be near impossible to moderate and ensure people post in the correct (business or residential forums).

Chris
batfastad
Grafter

Business Customers Board

Unless the residential bods just didn't have access to the forum?
Like it wasn't visible to them or something.
Surely PlusNet can link in that kind of permissions stuff into this copy of phpBB?
I mean they already do it with our user names.

I just think being able to discuss issues that commonly only affect businesses... QoS, mail servers, SMTP mail feeds, business ADSL products and upgrades, business hardware discussions, routers etc.
Rather than busy general forums where every punter adds his bit.

In my experience the most effective forums are not those that get thousands of posts per day, but those that are well targeted to their audience.

And is there any cost involved in PlusNet going into their phpBB admin panel and adding a new forum?
Not really.

Hurrah for the PlusNet business forum!