cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Broadband upto 4mb

N/A

Hi there,

This is my second post, would just like to say, I have been reading these pages for the last couple weeks, because of all the negative feedback on the forums I was thinking about leaving!

However, I have just changed my package from up to 8mb bb premier at 39.99 per month to up to 4mb Small business at 34.99 per month without incurring any cost.

The benefit of this is I get a 10:1 contention and 20:1 with BT and no FUP no throttling or anything.

I now am one very very very happy PN customer. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Londonboi
24 REPLIES
N/A

no FUP no throttling or anything.

Do you have this in writing.

To the best of my knowledge, the SUP applies to all accounts, but to a lesser degree in some.
LiamM
Grafter

It has been stated that the SUP does not apply to Business Accounts.

Throttling, where required, does happen... but the effect is less on business accounts than on residential.
Community Veteran

Why did you chose the upto 4Mbs product when you currently get exactly the same with the upto 2mbs product @ £26.99/month. >2Mbs speeds are unlikely to be seen before Q1 2006 or even later (full rollout is planned for April 2006) and even then your line may not be able to handle it.

All busines packages have traffic shaping applied but (according to PN) much less than premier so I don't see how PN can state no throttling because that is not true.

Also the reason you incurred no cost is everyone has 1 free downgrade credit available, which was added when the FUP was cancelled.

See
N/A

I'll rephrase that. AUP or T&C's.

Surely business users would not be permitted to have a detrimental effect on the network and therefore must be governed by some form of AUP?
Community Veteran

I was about to ask exactly the same question - it would seem an obvious chooice.

It would alo seem a very viable option for those on residential 2mb premier - only a couple of quid more than F2S. If no SUP applies, then wouldn't this be a good move for some?

Is there any shaping/throttling of the P2P or USENET though? I thought I read somewhere that this traffic was restricted on the business products as it is not classed as business critical use?
N/A

hmm

Thats interesting, the guy said there is no limits on the account like on the residentual!

As far as I know my line is able to handle up to 8mb as this is the connection speed I had with homechoice and I got all the speed not just some of it Cheesy !

Maybe I was a little hasty in choosing the product, but with no SUP im happy to pay the exta £5 knowing that I will automaticly upgrade to 4mb.

besides its still less then I was paying before on the BB Premier.

I dont download any illigal stuff on the p2p networks, the only stuff I really download a lot are linux distros and updates, I play a lot of online gaming and will be hosting a mail and web server!

I dont want to be limited by 60gb per month during peak time, thats when I use it most, or at least have that hanging over my head anyway!

I think I have mad the right choice, but only time will tell Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

There is currently no SUP in place on the Business products. So it does make more sense to be on 2Mb Business than it does to be on Upto 8Mb Premier (at the moment).

There is, however, nothing stopping PN implementing a business SUP if they need to.
N/A

Certainly raises a few concerns.

With regard to the 4 and 8 mb speeds. These are unlikely to be available to us punters until April 2006, unless you are lucky to be selected for the next trial phase.

I certainly feel that the AUP issue for business accounts needs clarified. The last thing i want is limits, similar to the residential accounts, applied to business products because all the leechers have found a loophole for a few quid more.

If the CSC is giving out inaccurate information again then this needs sorted.

Liam, I specifically avoided the use of SUP in the recent post and used AUP, which under the T&C's has to apply.

PN cannot imply that there are no limits or give false expectations.
N/A

In another thread it was stated that business users do not present a capacity problem at present but if it did become an issue then a SUP would have to be considered. I think it was DT but I'm not entirely sure and can't find the original thread.

Personally, I don't trust +Net any further than I could throw their entire board of directors. What they tell you this week will probably not be the case next week. What's that old saying? It takes years to build trust and just seconds to destroy it.
N/A

The current case is as stated with regards to business accounts, however we cannot allow any account at all to have a detriment on the network as this would just perpetuate the problem. Thus if this became an issue we would need to address it.

The issue is a simple one those who sign up for business accounts tend to be businesses and generally not in the very heavy usage catagory. Therefore we would not suggest this as a way to circumnavigate the SUP as it would just move the issue to another area of the business and negate all the positives that the SUP brings.
N/A

Cheers for that Stewart.

You can see though, from the OP, that the potential for this to change is all too apparent.

The mere fact that customers can look with joy on the fact that business accounts may be the answer to the thirst for maximum downloads is concerning.

I am not saying that the OP will indeed do this, but the impression is given that it could be possible.
N/A

The current case is as stated with regards to business accounts, however we cannot allow any account at all to have a detriment on the network as this would just perpetuate the problem. Thus if this became an issue we would need to address it.

Therefore we would not suggest this as a way to circumnavigate the SUP as it would just move the issue to another area of the business and negate all the positives that the SUP brings.

Thanks for that moment of clarity Stew. I was about to post something similar, but wouldn't have been so corporate about it Smiley

It is worth noting, as well, that the SUP could change and be applied retrospectively. That's true too, isn't it?
hitachi
Grafter

You do realise there is vat to add to that price?
If signing up to a new account only 12 monthly is available, if changing from another account does it stay monthly or do you start a new yearly account?
N/A

Ok, so i got home now ready to check my new connection, but the download speed is half, it max out at 102 kbps where before i was getting 240kbps almost!

interesting, on the phone now to support! 30 min wait tho! :twisted: