cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Accounts

N/A

Business Accounts

I am currently using the Business account for £41.11 a month, can anyone tell me what the difference is between this and small business or homeworker?

PN use to have information regarding the real contention ratio from BT, but now all we get is the PN mythical contention ratios of 10:1
10 REPLIES
N/A

Business Accounts

Something I wanted to know about business accounts myself, do they still have download limits on those or being heavily mnaged on any services, also do they still come with IP blocks if needed without extra cost and if someone was to move from residential to buisness would they retain the block, assuming such a move would even be allowed, because the business accounts look like a better deal :S.

Also, I presume they are supplied as BT IPStream Office (20:1) Instead of BT IPStream Home (50:1) ?
N/A

Business Accounts

PN says there is no capping on business accounts, but we see the same problems as other customers.

Would imagine all accounts are on a 20:1 contention.
LiamM
Grafter

Business Accounts

N/A

Business Accounts

So basically PN do have an unlimited account for £34.99 I wonder why they don't mention this when they are loosing customers left right and centre for Zens £34.99 unlimited account Shocked
shellsong
Grafter

Business Accounts

So basically PN do have an unlimited account for £34.99

Where do they say it's unlimited? :roll: Is this how rumours start? Smiley
N/A

Business Accounts

Where do they say it's unlimited? :roll:

http://www.plus.net/business/broadband/business.shtml

There is nothing there about FUP/SUP/AUP/*UP whatever it is called just now Wink so seams to me there is no limit, unless they are lying on their business package but of course lying to business customers is alot more likly to end in court than to residental users.

Maybe I am just blind but if someone would like to point out the *UP mention there.
shellsong
Grafter

Business Accounts

If you dig deeply enough you find they reserve the right to control business users just as they do for residential.
During the Aug 2005 onwards blitz on heavy users, some went onto business accounts because they thought they could beat the new system but they were forced to leave on the grounds of sustainability and misuse of business accounts!
The only mention of "unlimited" is for email and mailboxes!
N/A

Business Accounts

Missuse of business accounts :S
shellsong
Grafter

Business Accounts

A quote from a post on about 20th January

For business customers, there's no set usage levels, but the packages are still contended and any cases of excessive usage will be looked at on an individual basis.
JonathanW
Grafter

Business Accounts

Further to what has already been said, the AUP does require that people sign up for an account type that is suitable for their type of usage. Which for consumers is the Residential package and for commercial customers is the Business package.