cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk regrade tool stopped again?

Whoosh

I have just received this in reply to a question that I asked. Which they don’t even have the courtesy to answer even though I have asked 3 times now. I had already applied for the queue jump so I guess this is something new.

The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr Wood,
Unfortunately due to unforeseen issues with the BT bulk regrades to the MAX product we have suspended our service wide upgrades, this is due to the connection issues that can occur with both fluctuating sync speeds and throughput during the first 10 day "training" period the line undergoes. We are still processing regrades to the Max service however this is now being done via opt-in only.

Later in the year, we expect to be able to resume our service wide upgrades process.
21 REPLIES
James
Grafter

It's not the bulk regrade tool that has been suspended, just a company decision.

You can still opt in via http://trials.plus.net
Laugh
Grafter

:shock: Is this right PlusNet?

After all the claims you have been putting out recently about how you are going to improve your Customer Service I would be extremely disappointed to discover that you can't even manage the basics of communication!

I would hope that this is a crossover of wires......

If not, your customers deserve a full explanation of what is going on. :roll:
James
Grafter

It's just someone that's a little confused.

If you email me the details, I'll be able to ensure that they don't make the same mistake again.
N/A

Hi there,

Plusnet have explained whats going on in This Announcement and the ongoing feedback and discussion can be found here

hope that clarifies things a bit.
Laugh
Grafter

Hi there,

Plusnet have explained whats going on in This Announcement and the ongoing feedback and discussion can be found here

hope that clarifies things a bit.

Thanks Mark. I missed that one but the front page of the Member Centre (where I would expect to look for 'key' updates) still says
Get ready for up to 8Mb!
At the moment we are currently upgrading all broadband connections to up to 8Mb. This process causes disconnects and instability in the first 14 days and is common across all broadband providers doing this. See how this will affect you.

No wonder 'someone' is a little confused.
Whoosh

I guess I am the someone that is "just someone that's a little confused" as I started the thread.
I have to admit not to seeing the front page as I have bookmarked plusnet to open at the forums as I only use firefox to read this as IE7 won’t read half of it as discussed here.

Anyway, I have emailed you as requested.
N/A

Your comment 10:29am, Wednesday 3rd May 2006
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Trials Wizard]
[DSLMax Queue Jump]
[Additional Information]
• I would like to jump the DSLMax queue

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 3:54pm, Wednesday 3rd May 2006
automatically closed

Does this mean I can expect an imminent upgrade?
N/A

It's not the bulk regrade tool that has been suspended, just a company decision.

You can still opt in via http://trials.plus.net

My router has been syncing at 8128 for about a week (don't know exactly - no email from PN). However my line is still connecting at 2000. So, where am I on this upgrade path? Maxed, or not? The communication with the customer is now at an all time low.

Now what did Ian Wild say? If a broadband customer has to contact us....we have failed?
JonathanW
Grafter

coedana, if you're synching at 8128, then you've been maxed. Though its possible that BT haven't sent us any delta reports for your line. If this hasn't happened in a couple of days time, raise a ticket through to support so that they can chase this up with BT.
JonathanW
Grafter

Does this mean I can expect an imminent upgrade?

Yes, that means there should be something in the BT system for your line, and an upgrade will happen soon.
N/A

Thanks Jon

D
N/A

According to this reply there isn't

I get he feeling the whole ticket I raised was not properly read?

********CSC Agent 12:42am, Friday 16th June 2006
Dear Mr Warburton,
Unfortunately due to unforeseen issues with the BT bulk regrades to the MAX product we have suspended our service wide upgrades, this is due to the connection issues that can occur with both fluctuating sync speeds and throughput during the first 10 day "training" period the line undergoes. We are still processing regrades to the Max service however this is now being done via opt-in only. To register your interest in upgrading to the upto 8Mb service please register your interest at http://trials.plus.net

Later in the year, we expect to be able to resume our service wide upgrades process.

For further details please see the information provided on our website:-
https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/getready.shtml

Regards,
xxxxxxxxx

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Agents name removed as per the Link:rules
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

As you have raised another queue jump ticket this will be actioned shortly and a Max order submitted, I have passed on feedback regarding the responses received on your other ticket.
N/A

Thanks.

So I take it my initial queue jump request was not actioned?

D