cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Regrade Tool

N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

I don't really mind when I get my update (billing date is very late in the month anyway), so I'm just curious.

What's the status (in terms of time 'till release) of BT's bulk regrade tool? How many users approximately can be regraded at a time with this?

Mark Pringle
27 REPLIES
N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

I don't think BT have revealed how many customers can be submitted at once - but even if it is 10000 BT will still only be able to actually carry out a much smaller number of upgrades each day so I'd still expect to wait a few months before the process is complete.

It is due to be launched before the end of the month (I've got a vague feeling sometime around the 24th...)
LiamM
Grafter

Bulk Regrade Tool

If the Bulk Regrade tool is anything like the last one was with the 2Mb upgrades it'll simply be a tool that will allow Plusnet to basically order a regrade for every single customer at once and leave BT to their own devices at working through these over a period of months.
Community Veteran

Bulk Regrade Tool

It is due to be launched on 24th April and will allow PN to submit a much larger number of orders than they can now.

As with all things, this date could slip as there have been a number of problems with the current ordering system which may need to be ironed out before the bulk regrade tool is made available.
N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

So Plusnet will be relieved because after that it is no longer their fault when upgrades take time? Tongue

I thought it was the 24th.... I might just get my regrade this month.....
Community Veteran

Bulk Regrade Tool

Even if PN can submit all the regrade requests, it will still take BT many months to complete them so the chances of you actually getting a speed upgrade this month may be slim.
Community Veteran

Bulk Regrade Tool

Does the bulk regrade tool allow PN to maintain their intention to upgrade us dependent on time served as a PN customer?
N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

I wouldn't have thought so...

But if we ALL go through, then plusnet can do no more about who gets first etc...

I suppose they could order the list of names?
N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

Exactly, the Bulk Regrade tool allows PlusNet to say they've done their bit and submitted all orders. We all know BT have some issues of their own and so the upgrades could take some time and we'll probably have little information about their progress once the orders are within BT's system.
This doesn't deal with the unrealistic expectations that PlusNet have fuelled with their product hype.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Bulk Regrade Tool

Hi,

I don't know much about how the bulk regrade tool will work so can't say if it will allow any kind of prioritisation. As far as I know we will be able to continue placing individual orders alongside the bulk regrade process though.

How quickly our customers will be regraded will largely depend on two factors, how many orders BT can process each day (they did get up to several 10's of thousands per day across all ISP's at full pelt with the 2Mbps regrades last year) and how many ISP's place orders into the bulk regrade tool.

We should know more and be able to give a better idea of the turnaround times once the bulk tool is up and running.
Community Veteran

Bulk Regrade Tool

Hi Dave.

I got the impression back when the bulk regrade tool was first mentioned, that this would scupper any of PNs (many) previously promoted assurances as to the order things would be handled.
So it is no surprise to me to see what you have just posted tbh.

Oh well nm. Wait and see time again I guess. Wink
N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

Time to ask a really stupid question...

What work is actually involved from Plusnet through to the BT engineers in the exchange with the MaxDSL upgrade?

The plusnet end I imagine is 'simple' as it is just the provision of the details of the account which needs upgrading to BT. BTw then need to place that order into the work queue for the engineer(s) assigned to that exchange as a guess... then what?

Knowing how much work is involved would go along way to understanding time scales etc.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Bulk Regrade Tool

I've just been reading up on how the bulk regrade tool will work, and from the looks of it we can place orders in priority (rather than just all the orders in one go). Should know more on how this will work once can start placing orders.
N/A

Bulk Regrade Tool

Also, why is the PlusNet tool so automated that PlusNet cannot ensure that a MaxDSL order is placed on a particular line? It seems as if PlusNet have very little control over their own tools let alone BT's.
Ommin
Grafter

Bulk Regrade Tool

Also, why is the PlusNet tool so automated that PlusNet cannot ensure that a MaxDSL order is placed on a particular line?

See the following thread for details of yet another customer who has been paying the £39.99 tarriff ( 4Mb/8Mb Product ) since it was introduced and yet is still waiting for his regrade to be submitted to B.T.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2392870&page=1&view=expanded&...