cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in webmail

N/A

Bug in webmail

I've just noticed that if you recieve an email from someone who leaves the 'from' field blank you can't read it from with webmail as there is no hyper-link generated. Sad

I recieved such a email this morning from PlusNet's Batch FTP tool to inform me that my file was downloaded successfully. But I was unable to read this email until I popped it off the server and into my email program (Outlook). Can this be fixed please as sometimes I can only check my mail through webmail and it's a little frustrating when you've got an email you can't read.

Thanks

Chris
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Bug in webmail

> I've just noticed that if you recieve an email from someone who leaves the 'from' field blank you can't read it from with webmail as there is no hyper-link generated. Sad
Hi there Chris,
It's the subject line you click on, not the sender. I will however raise this with the developers as we always strive to improve the service we offer.
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi there Chris,
>
> It's the subject line you click on, not the sender. I will however raise this with the developers as we always strive to improve the service we offer.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mike

Ermm, Mike correct me if I'm wrong but you can not click on the subject line, which would be nice Wink , as no hyper-link is generated. It is infact just plain text. The only place you can click on is the senders name, which doesn't appear if it's been left off the email Sad

BTW, I've just checked this to make sure I'm not going mad.

Thanks for passing this on.

Chris

N/A

> Ermm, Mike correct me if I'm wrong but you can not click on the subject line, which would be nice Wink , as no hyper-link is generated. It is infact just plain text. The only place you can click on is the senders name, which doesn't appear if it's been left off the email Sad
Aha!
We were checking different versions of WebMail. The one that is the grey bar at the bottom of the portal front page lets you click on subject line, the webmail on the sidebar doesn't.
I've adjusted the problem I've raised accordingly.
As a note, you can view/delete those mails by logging into the other webmail.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Mike,

Thanks for sorting that out Smiley

Chris