cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Modem?

N/A

Broken Modem?

I tried to contact PlusNet but I could not get any sense out of the "contact us" links on the web site.

I had my phone line reconnected on Saturday (that will teach me to go away on holiday and forget to pay my phone bill) and since then I have been unable to connect via my PlusNet broadband.

I get an error about the remote computer not answering or responding, or something like that.

I've checked the modem, the power light and the DSL light are both on but the Data light does not come on at all. All wires are connected securely and properly.

I am now having to use my old dial-up modem and have had to open a trial account with AOL util I can get this sorted. (you don't realise how much you miss broadband until you use dial-up again!)

I did that auto fault thingy on the PlusNet web site, but I could not finish it successfully. The reason is I was told to disconnect the dial-up modem connection and plug in the broadband modem. Obviously when I did that there was no internet connection to work with.

What I basically want to know is do you think my modem is broken and needs replacing?

How much will this set me back?

Thank you. Smiley
4 REPLIES
N/A

Broken Modem?

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I dont think you are going to want to hear this. If BT have cut you off and ceased your telephone service then it is most likely that in the process your ADSL has also been ceased.

If this is the case, then it is most likely that you will need to have adsl reprovisioned on your line.

Once your phone service is ceased or cut off, your adsl, which is provisioned on the same line will also be cut off.

Raise a ticket via Link:Contact us and ask for confirmation that your line has indeed been ceased.

If so then you will have to weigh up your options for getting ADSL reprovided.

Sorrry the news isnt better.
Mand
Grafter

Broken Modem?

Hi there

Your line has been PSTN ceased by BT, this means they have ceased the line and therefore the ADSL. To resolve this we need to place a new ADSL order with BT, at a cost of £47 upfront or a payment of £5.88 under the deferred activation scheme.

To action this simply go to contactus.plus.net and raise a ticket asking us to reprovide the ADSL and choosing a payment method.
N/A

Broken Modem?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I will raise a ticket right now.

Can you tell me if "getting ADSL reprovided" would be expensive?

I still have my account with PlusNet and have been paying since I joined without missing a payment.

Thank you for your help. Smiley
N/A

Broken Modem?

Hi there

Your line has been PSTN ceased by BT, this means they have ceased the line and therefore the ADSL. To resolve this we need to place a new ADSL order with BT, at a cost of £47 upfront or a payment of £5.88 under the deferred activation scheme.

To action this simply go to contactus.plus.net and raise a ticket asking us to reprovide the ADSL and choosing a payment method.

Thank you for clearing that up.