Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband your way migration & SMTP

G0DUB
Dabbler

Hi,
BBYW option 2 was enabled on my account today, I normally collect e-mail by SMTP using my static IP but haven't been able to do so since migration for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, the broadband firewall seemed to be enabled by default albeit on the low setting so that had to be reset via the control panel. You have to reboot after doing so, so I thought my problems should be solved but ...

I still couldn't get mail out of autoturn or directly to my server. My static IP is shown correctly but every reboot brings me a new IP - a little more dynamic than I wanted and makes it impossible to pull e-mail from autoturn or get mail addressed to my domain directly because the existing static IP is in DNS.

I have raised a ticket but is anyone else experiencing these problems ?

Greg
21 REPLIES
lingbob
Grafter

I'm experiencing similar problems:

I'm on BBYW Option 2 and earlier this evening I decided to change to a static IP. According to my Connection Settings on the Portal, I now have a static IP but despite disconnecting and re-connecting several times, I'm still being assigned a dynamic IP Sad
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Trying to check this for you guys from home.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah, looks like there is a problem. Seeing what we can do about it right now.
lingbob
Grafter

Still being assigned a dynamic IP, should I raise a ticket about this?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes please. There is a problem raised on this right now, but your ticket will mean that any follow up specific to your account will get done.
lingbob
Grafter

OK, done [21702503]
lingbob
Grafter

Any news on this problem yet.
G0DUB
Dabbler

Hi,
no real news :-(
I spent some time on the phone last night with a CSC rep contributing to the fault finding process, I now have a new static IP address but the system still resolutely refuses to give it to me...
A local router restart this morning gave me another new address out of the dynamic pool so we aren't any further forwards at the moment. I believe that this 'problem' was being passed to the development team but I can't remember whether they are a Monday-Friday operation or not...

At least at this rate my new static IP will have propagated through DNS by the time I can get e-mail again :-)

Greg
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

This is being looked at by the development team, and we hope to have it sorted shortly.
lingbob
Grafter

Thanks for the update but there may be another problem:
The static IP which was assigned to me when I switched over resolves to a Force9 user :shock:
Mand
Grafter

Hmm, that's strange. It definitely seems to be resolving to you now.

The problem has been raised in priority (it's now a p1) and you can follow the progress here.
N/A

How did this happen. I thought that from pass upgrades where problems were encountered that PN put in place better testing regimes before launching new products. Obviously this did not work here.
lingbob
Grafter

Hmm, that's strange. It definitely seems to be resolving to you now.

Yes, it is now.
The problem has been raised in priority (it's now a p1) and you can follow the progress here.

Thanks for the link.
lingbob
Grafter

It's now fixed - thanks to all those concerned for their efforts Cheesy