cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband products as advertised?

octafish
Grafter

This is NOT a pop at PN, I've been a very happy customer but would just like to ask PN CS about the current advertising of Broadband products.

1/. It may be me and I may be missing something blindingly obvious but on the product pages no mention is made of the management of bandwidth as you progress through to your SUP level (as outlined in the Broadband Product Update - April 2006).

As an example, Premier Option 3 advertises Peak-time usage allowance as 30GB but doesn't mention that this is stepped down at 20gb to 2MB/s and so on. This gives the impression that it's full speed to that limit and there seems to be no obvious link clarifying this. Or, has the April update been changed?

2/. There's no mention of actual contention values anymore. I had understood that PAYG and Premier were 30:1 and Plus 50:1.

Steve
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The traffic management is mentioned on the Product Usage tab and there's a link to this page

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

where you an select the product from the drop down.

The contention ratios have been deliberately removed because they no longer have a simple to understand meaning. There's a lot of different ways of calculating and measuring contention so it's not been used any more. BT Wholesale stopped using contention ratios to describe IPStream a few months back too.
octafish
Grafter

Thanks Dave. I missed it.....