cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband limits & Rules

billyraf

Broadband limits & Rules

I am a new customer & have just exeeded my 1gb monthly allowance & you have added automaticlly another 1gb, I wondered if this is carried over to the next month if it is not used up seeing as the cut off point for the month is now within days?
Bill
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Broadband limits & Rules

Hi Bill,

First of all, Welcome to Plusnet and the Community Forums, and I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Just to help me out a little here, can you tell me which product you are on please?

But to answer your question as best as I can for now, any unused allowance is not rolled over to the next billing period. This would be standard practice for any ISP. I might also like to add that paying for any extra allowance in advance is advantageous to yourself as it will be cheaper!

I do hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Roger.
James
Grafter

Broadband limits & Rules

Hi Bill,

With the new products usage allocations, you have two options. You can have a PAYG service whereby an additional GB is added at £1 extra cost, or alternatively you can have a fixed usage type account, whereby, if you were to reach your usage, extra usage would not be added, but your speeds would be restricted to 128Kbps.

Additional usage is not carried into your next billing period.
billyraf

Broadand usage

ok thanks for the reply I understand it now & will bear it in mind as per month by month !!
Bill
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Broadband limits & Rules

See here for a slightly more detailed explaination on how usage is managed and the costs involved.

If you want to keep an eye on your account usage you can do so here - it is worth taking a look at the points raised in the help here.