- don't game
- don't download

I just needed connectivity!

I have rebooted several times
The PN phone line states there are no problems
The helpline sticks you on musak until you give up about 15 minutes of waiting
The freebie dial up number will not recognise my details
The other dial up number will not play
I am in via a different dial up so cannot see the usegroups which had already had a couple of posts about connectivity problems today

I have a clean set of equipment and nothing has changed from earlier on today when I had my normal 100Mbps -- then nothing

Is anyone else seeing problems?
7 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Broadband connection fallen over?

I've checked and there don't appear to be any globally effecting issues in your area.

You are in sync, so it's unlikely to be a wiring or filtering issue. Can you try logging on as bt_test@startup_domain?
N/A

that timed out repeatedly

I have unplugged the router again/rebooted again several times and now have connectivity back

cheers

I hope this does not repeat -- a reliable connection is all that is keeping me with PN -- I am getting absolutely no other quality service from them
James
Grafter

Was possible a blip at the exchange. I can say with 100% certainty that this was absolutely nothing to do with our network.
N/A

thanks
How come no-one else I asked locally had a problem?

Why did the free dialup number not recognise my account details?
James
Grafter

No idea to be honest. The problem could have been specific to your line or to the line card that you line is connected to at your exchange.

Did you raise a problem vai http://faults.plus.net? If so, you should have been assigned a free dialup connection, although I'm not sure how long this takes to activate.
N/A

so you can only get the free dial up connection if you contact faults when you have no connection -- yup there is PN logic in there
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

yup there is PN logic in there

Of course there is!

Incidentally, you could always try ringing them - Options: 4,3,1 (Though when they realise I'm posting the shortcut through their "Go to our website" garble, they'll probably change it).
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!