cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Your Way - p2p is now worse than ever

N/A

I'm now on "PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 3 with included 24GB bandwidth", I'm finding that p2p is actually worse than before (was on premier before). whereas previously I could download at a very slow rate, I now can't successfully start any downloads. Sad
2 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

What sort of browsing speed are you getting? What does the BT speedtest give you? If you could post the results here I'd really appreciate it.

What gateway are you on at the moment? Changing gateway can sometimes vastly improve the performance. If you're on a gateway full of users browsing they will take the majority of the available speed as Gold traffic (http etc) takes higher priority than Silver traffic (P2P/Usenet off peak).

On BBYW P2P is less restricted than on Premier and the change appears to have gone through without issue, so this should not be the cause of the problem.
N/A

It seems ok now, am now getting far better speeds than i was previously on premier, getting around 80Kbs when previously i was only getting 2Kbs this time of day.

Speed tests are now showing a speed increase.

So I am now a happy camper Cheesy