cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Villains

N/A

Broadband Villains

I hope all who have suffered and are like me still suffering from PNs supposed customer service - I have been trying to switch from them for about two weeks subsequent to being without broadband since 10th July will have seen that Ofcom is proposing changes to regulations for ISPs following "thousands of complaints from customers who had experienced problems switching"
New regulations would make is mandatory for companies to MACs to customers on request and give powers to Ofcom to investigate and fine companies who not comply.

I suggest all with problems contact Ofcom and feed in their views to the public consultation which ends on October 5.

Colonel Sanders
1 REPLY
carrot63
Grafter

Broadband Villains

There are a few other aspects of broadband service they could have a look at while they're in the neighbourhood. The problem with Ofcom though is that they seem to rely on the fear of being investigated (with the attendant negative publicity) as a tool to keep companies in line, rather than any actual sanction. When you look at the widespread and appalling practices throughout the telecom industry -in particular underhanded tactic such as "slamming" by small phone providers - it generates very few headlines or fines.