cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed Problem - (Ref: 34473) - RESOLVED

MysteryFCM
Grafter

Errr Mr Engineer person ......... no, actually it's not resolved!

Service: ADSL Dial
Posted: Fri, Aug 11 2006 at 00:52:52
Subject: Broadband Speed Problem - (Ref: 34473) - RESOLVED

Our network engineers have identified and resolved the cause of the recently reported speed issues of some customers and the problem is now resolved.

Kind Regards,
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I did make that point direct to the engineers that some were still seeing slowdowns so the announcement was a little premature.
The_10th
Grafter

I was experiencing slow connection last night of less than 1Mbps (880kbps!!) and thought it was resolved. At approx 10:45pm last night checked again and speed was 4.5Mbps Smiley

Checked again this morning and now less than 1.4Mbps Sad
N/A

Not resolved

Don't think this is resolved as my speed has dropped to about a third of what it was in June and is currently at only 1069.7 kbps.
N/A

I'm still seeing some slowdown as well. Things aren't as bad as they were last night, but they're still not back to the way they used to be.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Got another notice today from PN saying once again the issues were resolved and once again I've got to tell them err, no PlusNet, the problem is NOT resolved!
N/A

Right on

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Why is the broadband status still green? It's clear that there is still a problem. These speeds aren't as bad as Thursday night but still more like dial-up than broadband.
N/A

Been having the slpw down problems fo days now, also had a shirty reply in answer to a ticket telling me that as my line would only support 1mb my getting 500kbs good. A BT engineer that came to check out my system at home ran some tests and reckoned I should be able to get 1400kbs d/l. Nothing as fast as some of you guys hitting the 3-4mb but now I`m down to 94kbs ranging up to a blistering 134kbs- my router is really smoking. I did a line check with BT and the report from them was that on Maxdsl I could look forward to 2mb + speeds- ok they didnt say just how far I had to look forward in terms of weeks/months etc. Surfing the net like in the old days and all I want to know now is when to order up a horse and buggy as we are definitely going backwards. Hope PN get their finger out and get this ridiculous affair sorted. Spoke to another ISP running Max and they assure me that their customers are not having these problems- or could this be a case of " talk is cheap"?
ScoUK
Grafter

Seeing appalling speeds here too at the moment..

Was fine earlier on today for the first time in two months I've seen speeds of over 500kbps! (problems since interleaving was enabled) Thought it was all sorted.. But running speeds tests every so often throughout the day has shown speeds getting slower and slower as time goes by. Last test was 225.8kbps download. which means upload us currently faster!!

Grrr! Just when I thought things were getting back to normal. 'maybe' it's evening contention at my local exchange. I guess I find that out tomorrow..

P.s. Hi Steve!, Long time no see.. Sorry your having problems after recommending you to +net Smiley
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Rofl Alan, it's oks, buy me a pint and I'll forgive ya Wink

... good to see you again too btw Wink
N/A

i'm still getting speeds of around 1450 even tho i'm syncing at 8.1.
stable rate says 1500 which is far below what i had previously of 8.1
N/A

This problem has been raging for a few days now yet the only response from plusnet was when it started and they 'fixed' it. When can we expect speeds to go back to normal?Huh
ScoUK
Grafter

My benchmark speeds seem to be back to good ol 1.5Mbit which is the best I can hope for at the moment.. I'll check again this evening and see if speeds drop again...
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Though not perfect, it's oks at the moment, but was terrible up to 10am this morning (when I finally got round to going to bed, lol), and began getting rubbish again around 4pm yesterday, so we'll see ....