cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Premier - P2P speeds sucking for the last week?

N/A

For about the last week my P2P speeds have been less than 15kps on a 2Mb line.

My ticket is raised and I have been told that there is no restrictions on my account, I have to perform multiple speed tests over the next day but I know that my speeds all will show OK, I hit 1928.6 on the PlusNet test earlier but still can't reach double figure speeds on ant BitTorrent connection or eMule.

I'm thinking of ditching the Premier connection and upgrading to dial-up Wink

Anyone else having similar problems?
59 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You are not alone as posted in MANY other threads on this subject recently.
N/A

So, is it bad manners to ask on a PlusNet forum which ISP I should be migrating too to get a decent P2P speed again... or has that been asked on MANY other threads too?
Community Veteran

yep.
___oDiN__
Grafter

you can ask though you will be directed to adslguide for starters

i for one im looking at zen they seem to be way above everyone else at this moment in time though a tad dearer you do get what you pay for it seems
N/A

I migrated here from Zen last year due to Zen's prices, but there service was always good. I've not looked at anyone else since moving here but it's time to shop around again I guess.

Anyway I'm back off to adslguide to find a realiable ISP for P2P.
N/A

whytock,

Just out of interest, when is your billing date? I ask this as not everyones account has been moved to the new profiles yet and if memory serves this is what will change the speed of your P2P.

I am not going to begin to look at P2P speeds as I know mine will be around 11K howeevr my billing date is not due until about the 7th January.
Perhaps it might be woth hanging on until after your billing date? to see if the new profile does indeed change things for the better as mentioned many times by Jon and stew on these forums.

You could change and pay a couple of quid more, or you could hang on for a few more days and pay what you are paying now and see changes on your account.

Just a thought.

Regards,
N/A

i have had this problem since startiing wuth plus. I am leaving start of january. Thank god for the 45 day trial
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Anyone thinking of Zen should read this Usenet posting.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
___oDiN__
Grafter

1 posting i wouldnt worry
look on adsl guide barely anything bad about zen they are consistanty top in the rankings and from what i have read provide an excellent top class service like plusnet used to do
N/A

also 33kbs is not a lot, looks like he is a litltle picky about his speeds.
kitz
Rising Star

>>> also 33kbs is not a lot

I think you misread... 33kbps less is the closest he got.
He is also experiencing quote:-
"speeds as low as those I would have expected on a 512 connection"

tbh sounds more like exchange contention.
N/A

Strange coincidence, but after a week of really lousy speeds, less than 12 hours after starting this thread I've seen a definite P2P speed improvement.

Speeds have actually been lousy since just after my billing date last month (20th December) but this morning I'm getting 65kb/s+, Not the best I've had but acceptable.

I'll keep a close eye on it, but I'll also be looking at other ISP's so I know where to head to if problems re-occur.
N/A

wish i could say the same my billing date was 23rd and im downloading at 2bks at the moment not a good speed. O and its well seeded and plenty of peers

Keen5
N/A

I moved into my new billing period for my Premier account yesterday, but p2p at peak time is still slow. I tested on the Knoppix v4.0.2 torrent and am getting speeds of 15KB\s at the moment. I am full speed on other protocols so it isn't exchange contention. I noticed my billing status is showing as pending. I pay by DD so it should have been taken yesterday. Is it waiting for the payment to be processed before I get my 20GB clean allowance? Any guidance on this would be appreciated Cheesy