cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus

Maddy
Grafter

Broadband Plus

Hi, my friend wants to join plusnet and wants to go with the Broadband Plus, what he needs to know is do you get a free modem with this package?

Thank you
armran
17 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Broadband Plus

If its a new activation, then he can choose to take the deferred activation and hardware offer, full details of which are available under the residential section of the website.
Community Veteran

Broadband Plus

There are conditions with the free modem (and activation). The modem is only free if you stay with PlusNet for 5 years. The same would apply if they also choose the free activation option. If you leave PlusNet within 5 years you have to pay for any hardware/activation, but the amount you have to pay reduces each year you remain.

Please ensure you/they read the terms & conditions for any 'free' modem or 'free' activation offers.
Maddy
Grafter

Broadband Plus

Hi, thank you for your replys, i have just looked at the terms and conditions, i am not sure what this is saying, is it saying that if he take the monthly contract and pays a one-off charge of £11.75, that he can leave at any time with out charge? sorry for not understanding this, but i dont want to give my friend any wrong idears.
thank you again.
armran

You can choose an annual or monthly contract when you choose broadband. If you choose the monthly contract option in conjunction with this offer there is a one-off charge of £11.75.

Prices correct at time of publication and exclude short term special offers.
Community Veteran

Broadband Plus

The £11.75 payment just gives you the option to leave with just a months notice - i.e. it's an admin charge to go on a monthly contract rather than an annual one. If you opted for any free setup or free modem, you still have to pay for those in full (subject to reductions for every year you are with PN) before you can leave.

The leave without charge means you don't have to pay any further monthly payments. It does not mean you don't have to pay for the free activation/modem which is clearly stated in the T&C for the free activation/modem.
Maddy
Grafter

Broadband Plus

Hi, thank you i understand it all now, i will let my friend know, then its up to him.

Again Thank you

armran
N/A

Broadband Plus

Before he joins, you might want to inform him that its now a 5GB a month cap on this service, which PN have forgot to add to their site. Also, it is not free connection, you get charged the £60 fee on disconnection if you choose to leave within 5 years, and the modem aint free either, its £20 if you disconnect within the first 5 years.

Just stating it plain and clear for you.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Broadband Plus

Before he joins, you might want to inform him that its now a 5GB a month cap on this service, which PN have forgot to add to their site.

No they haven't. It's on the 'Product Usage' tab of the Broadband Plus page - which is also linked to from the main 'Product Benefits' tab.

See http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=res_main_banner
N/A

Broadband Plus

I like the contradiction.

On http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/?link=res_broadbandlink it still says:

No need to monitor your usage

At least they've removed "no need to keep track of how much you download". They've still to remove all the false advertising from their site, though.
shellsong
Grafter

Broadband Plus

The 5GB is only an approximate figure which could change a bit and it's not a hard cap so in fact it's more of a soft, woolly cap and, since it's winter, it's probably got a bobble on it! :lol:
N/A

Broadband Plus

No room for confusion then! :lol:
Maddy
Grafter

Broadband Plus

Hi all, well i showed my friend the replys and he said he is not sure what to do, he is very confused as to why you need to pay if you leave, and also the usage capping, ( he asked me what i thought of plusnet ) i had to tell him the truth as i have been complaining about my speeds being crap of late, and that i might be caped because of to much downloading although i have not gone over the limits, ( i am on Broadband Premier ) i could of lied to him :twisted: and got my 0.50p off my cost, joke :roll: so there you have it we are both in a loop hole, do i tell him to go ahead with it and suffer the consequences if he is not happy ? he is very new to computers and broadband, so he is very anxious, oh dear what to do :?

Thank you all
armran
ps, sorry for bad spelling and grammar
N/A

Broadband Plus

i might be caped because of to much downloading although i have not gone over the limits

Firstly, Plus Net do not and will not place you on a management profile if you have not exceeded the SUP limits. Bear in mind that the vast majority of customers never even come close to the limits.

If your friend currently has broadband with another provider, then ask them what their main online activities are. If they download via P2P / Usenet / Torents heavily, then Plus Net may not be for them. Remember that the average usage on Premier is 10 Gb per month so the current limits fit in well with the usage patterns of the @ 150k adsl customers PN have.

Plus Net, for the price, represent very good value for money. The majority of their business is gained by referrals and that speaks for itself.

Whilst there are and have been issues of late, the vast majority of the userbase are not affected by the recent management systems and are unlikely to be.

I have many referrals with Plus Net and continue to make them. I have been concerned in the recent past, but the level of communcation, the ability to listen and respond to the needs of customers and the level of support provided has convinced me that they are stil the best ISP for my clients needs and mine.
N/A

Broadband Plus

Before he joins, you might want to inform him that its now a 5GB a month cap on this service, which PN have forgot to add to their site. Also, it is not free connection, you get charged the £60 fee on disconnection if you choose to leave within 5 years, and the modem aint free either, its £20 if you disconnect within the first 5 years.

Just stating it plain and clear for you.

FIVE yearsHuh?? Are you sure? Surely it's 12months, that's what mine is and pretty much every other isp, I've yet to see one with a five year minimum term.

Alison
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Broadband Plus

These fees are reduced pro rata over the 5 years.