cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus usage management. Huh?

N/A

> Level 1 Broadband Plus usage management has been applied to your service

What does this mean please? How will Plus.net 'manage' my connection? Tried clicking reply to the email and writing to Plusnet, but they don't accept emails. Tried phoning them and there's a minimum 20 minute wait.

I have used several different broadband packages over the years and haven't received such an email from any other broadband provider. Wish I hadn't recommended to Plusnet to so many people now Evil

Thank you very much. I appreciate your assistance.
7 REPLIES
aeroalfie
Grafter

It means you have gone over the BB+ monthly 5GB soft cap - If you continue to use your connection heavily during the peak time 8am - 12 you will be put on level 2 management and so on until you hit level 4 management.
During off peak times 12 - 8am your connection is at normal speed and no management is applied.

If you haven’t already take a read of the BB+ announcement that was posted not so long back.

just so you know for future the broad band plus package is:
5gb soft cap during peak time 8am -12(midnight)
50gb soft cap during off peak 12 -8am.

forgot to include the link:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37901

P.S i'm not sure plusnet reply to emails? if you want to contact them raise a ticket go to help and support at the bottom of this page then go to contact us.
Marco
Grafter

During off peak times 12 - 8am your connection is at normal speed and no management is applied.

I think not.

My connection speed is 70-125 kbps (I'm told I'm on Level 3) during peak and it went up to 700 kbps during off-peak. That's between ADSL500 and ADSL1000
N/A

Thank you for the info aeroalfie. Really appreciate you taking the time to explain to me.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Lazzarato:
I asked one of the plusnet guys on another thread if BB+ management levels were applied during the off-peak times:

Reply.
“No, the management on Broadband Plus only applies between 8am and midnight. Any usage overnight between midnight and 8am isn't counted towards the management, plus we allocate more bandwidth overnight to Plus accounts to use P2P and Usenet when the network is quiet.”
aeroalfie
Grafter

n/p nazam Smiley
N/A

Well someone has a lot of reading to do. Look at threads 'level 4 management', 'Level 1' they do go back quite a way. Notch up another confused customer.
tcs2000
Grafter

I think not.

My connection speed is 70-125 kbps (I'm told I'm on Level 3) during peak and it went up to 700 kbps during off-peak. That's between ADSL500 and ADSL1000

I got whacked straight onto Level 4 and my speeds are about the same at peak times.
At off peak (starting around 12:05am I've found) my speed flies up to 1850-1950.