cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus for a friend

Firejack
Grafter

Got a friend looking to sign up to Broadband Plus. She mostly use E-mail, Web, VoIP, Webcam... so not exactly a heavy user. Probably under 2GB a month usage.
Looking through BB+ the webpage doesn't seem to of been updating with yesterdays Vision for 2006 announcements information. Just looking for clarity that all my friend traffic will be treated as max priority with the exception P2P etc.
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

With that usage, I'd seriously consider PAYG instead.
The trouble with BB+ is that it may be OK, but it will always be the package to take the stick if Plusnet need to throttle something or slow some users down at peak periods.
While some people do appear to be happy with it, I wouldn't touch it after what I've read on the forums.
That, of course, is just my view.
dannykos
Grafter

i just switched to PAYG after 3 months on BB+
i only used about 1.5 gig a month and with the new 'vision' ftp on BB+ will be really hammered, so better to pay the extra £1 a month for no real throttling.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

With that usage your friend could consider Metronet paygo 1000 which includes 2GB totally unshaped and cheaper than BB+
N/A

With that usage your friend could consider Metronet paygo 1000 which includes 2GB totally unshaped and cheaper than BB+
At the moment.

firejack, friends don't (the rest of this phrase is left as an exercise for the reader).