Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone - Incoming Calls

spinecho
Grafter

Hi All

I have set up the Broadband sip phone on my account as I have the inclusive 240 mins.

I have also taking the oppertunity to register a phone no.

I have attempted to make some incoming calls to this no. but they just direct to the answer service.

I currently have x-lite looged on and in available.

Does anyone have any ideas before I raise a ticket.

outgoing works fine and I have also conected to the voicemail service through x-lite.

Also does anyone know why the answer phone messages wont play through the web site but only through the 7001 number. When I hit play for the message in voicemails section of the control panel I get told the messages are recorded in an unrecognised codec. I have media player 10.

Regards and Thanks

Francis.
8 REPLIES
10crawford
Grafter

I have a ticket open on this problem (together with an intermitent problem of silent outgoing calls) started on 11 June 07. I received an update on that ticket today as follows:

Thanks for trying the settings. As that didn't work it looks like the problem is related to a NAT issue somewhere; we have recently had a few reports of other people who are experiencing the same problem as yourself. We do have a media proxy installed however this is only applied under certain circumstances; over the next few days we will be performing some upgrades which will change the way this works. We currently have taken one of the SIP servers out of service (you may have seen the planned maintenance post about this) in order to test the upgrades.

I'm placing your ticket on hold until we have performed the upgrades. Please accept my apologies for the continued delays, and thanks for your patience and assistance in investigating this.

I personally don't think the problem is a NAT issue as I have tested with the computer in the DMZ and replicated the problem. Having said that I am basically happy that support appears to be aware of the issue and hope that the upgrades mentioned above will solve the problem.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband Phone - Incoming Calls

I have attempted to make some incoming calls to this no. but they just direct to the answer service.

I currently have x-lite looged on and in available.

Does anyone have any ideas before I raise a ticket.

outgoing works fine and I have also conected to the voicemail service through x-lite.

Have you set up the port forwarding on your router and firewall?

Usually you just need 5060 but these are the full list of ports:

UDP 3478 - STUN
UDP 5060 - SIP
UDP 8000 - Xlite RTP
UDP 8001 - Xlite RTP

Also does anyone know why the answer phone messages wont play through the web site but only through the 7001 number. When I hit play for the message in voicemails section of the control panel I get told the messages are recorded in an unrecognised codec. I have media player 10.

Very odd, have you tried it with a different media player, e.g. WinAmp or iTunes? Could be the codec is corrupt I guess, but I've not seen that kind of problem before.
spinecho
Grafter

Still not having any luck Sad

I have norton firewall installed and a net-lynx ART514CX router.

I though I had opened the ports in both but still the same problem.

I'm going to double check my settings in the morning.

info on my router online is like a needle in a haystack and I cant find the disk that has the manual.

Francis
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi Francis,

I've found this page which shows how to forward ports on a ART514C router for x-lite.

Hope this helps
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Re: Broadband Phone - Incoming Calls

I have the same problem on one of my accounts - the answerphone messages can be downloaded, but end up as .WAV files of size 0 on the desktop.

I raised a ticket, and apparently it's a known issue which is being looked into.

Quote from the ticket in question:

We currently have a problem open on this fault with id: 43146. I am closing this ticket as the issue is covered under this problem. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes you. In the mean time you can collect your voice mail by dialing in using the 7001 number.

Perhaps one of the PN guys could check up on this fault ID and see if any progress has been made?

Barry
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I have the same problem on one of my accounts - the answerphone messages can be downloaded, but end up as .WAV files of size 0 on the desktop.

Looks like they have found a way to fix this and will be working on implementing and testing this. As the VM's can still be collected through the 7001 number this isn't top of the priority tree but will still be fixed asap.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Thanks Chris - I know how funny Asterisk can be, so I have a special fluffy hammer I can send over to you guys to "ease" the configuration slightly Wink

B.
spinecho
Grafter

Hi Francis,

I've found this page which shows how to forward ports on a ART514C router for x-lite.

Hope this helps

Hi Chris.

I now have it working.

what I had done wrong was specify my internal computer ip i.e 10.0.0.3 and not the static ip assigned by plus net.

using the static ip for the host ip allowed the calls through.

The page you found is one I had found as well. The screens are slightly diffrent. The web page had port ranges where mine only has individual ports. When I log on to my router is says net-lynx and not conexant which is the firm ware producer so the oem must have changed it slightly for net-lynx branded router.

I dont know what that means for people on similar routers but curently are on a dynamic ip. this might be the problem for some of the other people that I have read about on the forums.

Any way thanks for help. Cheesy

Francis.