cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Pay AS You Go customers and speed upgrades

N/A

Hi, I've been told that PAYG customers will be having their speeds upgraded to 8mb after the next billing date (as long as their exchange is enabled). Is this correct please?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Unfortunately no.
There is a queue and my best guess is that PAYG and Queue Jumpers are being mixed up.
It should take about a month to clear the PAYG customers (I hope) so that is probably the timescale and given your join date you will be fairly close to the back of it
N/A

Actually the post that said about a month to clear PAYG customers was about two weeks or more ago. So it should be nearing the end now. (who am i trying to kid?) and knowing my recent luck I'll be one of the "Oops how did we miss you out" lot
Community Veteran

Yes but as far as I remember that was before they started doing the queue jump customers at the same time.
Yes and I'm still waiting Sad
N/A

Just my luck ain't it! Was on PAYG, but needed some of the features in premier, just changed accounts, does this mean I put myself further down the queue, or will I get max'd along with the account change?
N/A

Yes but as far as I remember that was before they started doing the queue jump customers at the same time.
Yes and I'm still waiting Sad

Ah but we are told that the queue jump is going through on "extra capacity" at BT that other isps aren't using. So it shouldn't extend the PAYG time frame
Community Veteran

I've been patiently waiting for the upgrade but have now followed the PAYG crowd and put in for a queue jump. As the ticket was closed the day after I put it in, I 'm hoping it won't be too long now!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Community Veteran

[Ah but we are told that the queue jump is going through on "extra capacity" at BT that other isps aren't using. So it shouldn't extend the PAYG time frame
Having just read Jon's latest post you are probably correct but I'm still waiting and I would have expected to have been in the first 2 weeks worth given my start date Sad
N/A

Same here Allum

1st Afternoon Q Jumper.... going home everyday and staring at the router... Friday today so presumably not this week...

Ho Hum.......
aeroalfie
Grafter

If you haven’t already I would put in a queue jump request, at least that way you are covered on 2 fronts.
I am on PAYG and did a queue jump - I guessing I got my upgrade via queue jump as there’s PAYG customers who joined well before me who still haven’t been upgraded.
Community Veteran

I'm still waiting and I would have expected to have been in the first 2 weeks worth given my start date Sad

A similar situation here - as can be seen if you look at my join date. Which isn't to say I'm one of the earliest, as I know there're a few people who're still customers from when they joined in <2000 - but I thought I'd be reasonably near the top of the queue nonetheless. I've abstained from raising a queue jump ticket so far as, while I would like the MaxDSL, it won't make as big a difference to me as some people - but If I think I'm going to have to wait too long I may submit a ticket after all..

Thomas
aeroalfie
Grafter

You may not need the speed increase desperately but you are on an account type that supports speed of up to 24meg so really you should have what speed you line can handle as a priority.