Dosen't the 1 GB amount look a bit low nowHuh

See -

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2326
8 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Broadband PAYG inclusive GBs

There 2 Mb package which is a £1 more than PlusNet's Premier has a 90Gb cap. Although the names are similar I wouldn't say they are really like for like products.

Phil
N/A

I would normaly agree, but this is about choice.

The Plusnet PAYG offering essentialy allows you to build your own package how you see fit.

Anybody using more that 8GB of transfer on the PlusNet packages, would be better suited on the Premier packages.

1GB included is indeed pretty low. However, look at some of the customers that cost, reporting uses of only 2GB. The package becomes very much worth it.
lowry
Grafter

I use a bit of P2P, do alot of suring, watch streaming video a bit, etc. and find 5GB not restricting in the least for my usage. I currently pay £18.99 a month for 5GB too which is rather competitive. PlusNet could always increase the bandwidth allowance by default, for example:

£14.99 per month - 2GB a month
£15.99 per month - 4GB a month
£16.99 per month - 6GB month
£17.99 per month - 8GB a month
£18.99 per month - 10GB a month
£19.99 per month - 12GB a month

[Additional usage could be charged at £0.50 per GB]
and then do away with the rest of the options. This would mean users who prefer no usage restriction and those who use more than 12GB would go for Premier while PAYG would appeal to more. Freedom2Surf offer 2Mbit with a 10Gb cap for £19.99

matt Wink
N/A

"1GB included is indeed pretty low. However, look at some of the customers that cost, reporting uses of only 2GB. The package becomes very much worth it."

Here's one who's happy with it. I've currently upped mine to 3 GB because the 1911 Canadian census (images, not a transcript) has gone online, free. So, I'm trawling Saskatchewan for a fellow who's in the USA in 1910 but according to rumour died in Saskatchewan in 1912, see if he's there in 1911 which would lend some weight to the rumour. The images are about 1 MB per page, with no name index to make life easier, so I'm using a fair amount, but 2 GB is normally enough for me, and with what you get with it, I'm more than happy with the price.

(Edit: Not that I'd complain if PlusNet adopted Matt's pricing model, of course! :lol: )
N/A

[Additional usage could be charged at £0.50 per GB]

£0.50 per GB sounds about right if PlusNet want to remain in the race.

On another note. How about letting the pre-paid unused GB allowance be rolled over to the next month, or half of it at least, like they advertise on the Orange pre-paid phone?
willhome
Grafter

to be far apart from LLU companies i would say plus net are at the front
N/A

........ i would say plus net are at the front

They are up near the front I would agree on that point. The question is though, will they remain in the race?
lowry
Grafter

It would be good to see someting like I have suggested being implemented as Broadband PAYG seems to have not received much attention from PlusNet for a while.

matt Wink