cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Move Problem

N/A

Broadband Move Problem

Dear PlusNet Support Staff,

I requested a simultaneous move (Question [ 22100015 ]) to take place on 2nd, July. On 2nd July, I received an email (Question number [ 22259135 ]) from PlusNet saying that it's completed and I can connect. Unfortunately, it's still not working at the moment. The DSL light on the modem is off.

I also noticed a very strange thing, The move I requested was (Question [ 22100015 ]):-

The customer has requested a cease and re-provide of their ADSL service.
The cease is to take place on 02/07/2007.
The re-provide is to take place on 02/07/2007.
The customer is retaining the same product.
The Customer has selected Non-Deferred House Move option and the fee has been taken.
The new address is 163 **********, Southampton, Hampshire.
The CLI is **********.

However, in Question number [ 22259135 ], I found this, in which the address does not make any sense to me:

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 8:04am, Monday 2nd July 2007

The following details were updated due to a house move:

Mobile changed from ********** to

House changed from 35, to 53

Street changed from *********** Gardens to *********** Road

Postcode changed from SO** **** to SO** ****

Country changed from to UK

Could you please have a look for me please? Thanks a lot

Moderators Note by rogerloxton: I have removed your home address and telephone numbers for your own personal safety and security
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Broadband Move Problem

Hi there,

I've raised a problem internally on the strange address details.

In order for us to investigate your connection problem we will need to raise this as a fault (the order is complete in BT's systems so we can't escalate down the provisioning route), please complete the broadband fault checker here.
N/A

Broadband Move Problem

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

When I do fault checker, I found that the phone number is still the old number, which is different from the number at my new address. When I try to report this wrong number, I found this: "Your broadband service needs to be re-provisioned with BT, a process that takes upto 5 working days, and costs £40 inc VAT.". I don't think I should pay for this, because I already paid when I request a move. Do I continue reporting a wrong number? If I do, am I gonna be charged for £40 one more time?
Mand
Grafter

Broadband Move Problem

Hi there,

I've updated the phone number so the fault checker should work ok for you now.

The order is complete, and has been provisioned on the correct number so there are no further fees required.