cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Home Questions

Community Veteran

Broadband Home Questions

I was wondering... are customers allowed to change the included bandwidth even when they've gone over it? For instance, say I was on BB Home 512K 1GB, and after three weeks I'd used 1.5GB, could I upgrade to 2GB inclusive, thus paying £1.50 for the extra GB rather than £1.90? Then, if I knew I wouldn't use much broadband the following month, could I downgrade to 1GB once my new billing period had started?

Thomas
3 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Broadband Home Questions

I'm 99% sure thats possible, and Dave or Josh said it on ADSLGuide - but you couldn't downgrade it again, until 30 days later.
Community Veteran

Broadband Home Questions

My guess... As all payment are in advanced, you would still pay £1.90 next month for going over the capped rate, irrespective of any change to the product capping during the month, because you have exceeded the bandwidth that you actually paid for.

Although can you actually upgrade your capped bandwidth midway through your billing period.

There are lots of possibilities with this.

Start with 1GB, exceed it, upgrade to 2GB, exceed it, upgrade to 3GB, exceed it all during the same billing period. What do you actually pay next month?
Community Veteran

Broadband Home Questions

Although can you actually upgrade your capped bandwidth midway through your billing period.

Yep - according to the extensive FAQs anyway!

Thomas